PDA

View Full Version : Room for Improvement

Jon2
06.11.24, 05:30 PM
BPOCC,

yes, right??

please no personal attacks or whatsoever. I just need your points on any of these...

voices

practice schedules
membership
responsibilities
fun
collection and security of data
online possibilites

madami pa.

salamat!

jefflyceum
06.11.24, 05:43 PM
voices: more practice

Jon2
06.11.24, 06:06 PM
when you say more practices jeff, are you up to it? i mean, syempre improvement would include us having more practices pero yun nga..

willing ka?

try to think not just by giving an idea but the fact na magagawa mo ba ito...

(uy, seryoso to the max..)

heheheh...

hashpipe
06.11.24, 06:25 PM
Hello guys! Eto akin.

I SUGGEST MORE REHEARSALS THAN THE USUAL 2 REHEARSAL DAYS WE HAVE BEFORE OUR EDSA SERVICE.

WHY? Because we will benefit a lot from it. The problem with our limited rehearsals is that it is seemingly not enough for us to get to learn new songs. With more practices, we could allot some of it in learning new pieces that we, in turn, could get to teach to our respective choirs as well. Also, we could get to hone our voices more to achieve a more pleasing harmony. We are going to have time for us to focus on our sound, on adjusting our "timbres" for our voices to connect. Alam niyong masarap kumanta kapag jive ang boses, di ba? So let's try to achieve that.

The intention of this suggestion is nothing but for us to all IMPROVE. The group has a big potential to become better so why not strive for that improvement. Not only does it benefit US, but also our own music ministries in our parishes as we could easily pass what we are learning to them.

I know there can be problems with regards to having more practice days but if those who can give the time and effort for it are of sufficient number to successfully conduct this plan, then I say let's go for it!

Thank you. :)

mayomee
06.11.24, 11:25 PM
Reminder: Like Jon2 said, no personal attacks. This reply is not addressed to anybody but to everyone. And these are just my viewpoints.

Voices: One of the common occurrences among choirs is that nagko-"cross over" minsan ang mga members from one voice to another, i.e., soprano to alto, bass to tenor. frankly speaking, I hate that! My rule sa aming choir is that stick to your own voice. Never mind kung kulang. If konti ang dumating, then sing the melody in unison. But I would never advise to "cross over." [If there's a proper musical term for this, let me know but this is how I call it. ] People who do that think that it's being "versatile" and "magaling." It's not. It's like having an identity crisis - male or female? If you don't want to be called androgynous or worse, a hermaphrodite, then stick to your own voice. The more you get used to your vocal range and the more you practice diligently, then your voice will improve. Hindi lahat ng magaling, soprano or tenor. Not having a high vocal range doesn't mean hindi ka magaling. Ang magaling? Alto! Heehee! Joke lang! :)

Practice Schedules: I agree with the rest of the replies posted here so far. Kulang ang 2 practice. At unholy hour pa tayo ng 8am! At dumarating tayong lahat ay 9am onwards pa! So what will we accomplish in 30 mins? So I highly recommend that we increase the practice sessions. Lahat tayo ang makikinabang dito. And I must say, dito magkakasubukan kung willing ka talagang maging member ng BPOCC not just in name or in this case, in the virtual world only. Kung kayang magsacrifice ng time and talent in order to show up sa practice, then you don't need to explain anything.

Yun na lang muna. If I add my replies to the rest of the bulleted points, concept paper na yun! :)

jefflyceum
06.11.25, 10:29 AM
If it is beneficial to all and if its for God, I will go.

Alexander
06.11.27, 05:13 AM
Sagot lang ako para makatulong... I know cannot personally contribute at this time but will be very willing pag nagbakasyon kami sa Pinas.... make sure na merong service ha :D

Kung gusto mo ng magandang AWIT.... This concerns the VOICE

A - no question on that... I know you all have the ABILITY to sing
W - but is there WILLINGNESS to join to improve VOICE quality as a group.
I - I know you all have the INTEREST
T - But do you all have the TIME...

Then if you have all of these... pwede na kitang i- DAWIT ... adding the D in front of AWIT... means you have the DEDICATION in the service.

God Bless BPOCC....

ovc
06.11.27, 05:13 PM
Additional na rin po sa mga nasabi na & suggestion na rin.

Kung gusto natin talagang maging maganda ang kanta natin w/c includes the harmony, blending, dynamics etc...I suggest magkaron ng isa sa atin ng conductor/trainor na sya mismo ang magtitimpla ng mga voices natin lalo na when it comes to soft and/or loud part ng song diba.
Let's say nagkaron nga tyo ng maraming time for the rehearsals & alam na nga natin yung mga tono natin pero kung wala namang magtitimpla nito maaaring hindi rin maganda ang maging output nito diba. For example pano kung mas nangingibabaw ang base kesa sa soprano so tendency base na ang maririnig ng mga tao dahil natatabunan na nila ang soprano diba. Kung my condcutor/trainor tayo siya mismo ang magba-balance ng mga voices natin diba.
Well for me, it's only a suggestion lang naman. God Bless! :)

Jon2
06.11.27, 07:51 PM
thank you sa mga nagsulat...

post pa kayo :)

re: edsa service

actually kaya ginawang umaga ang practice dahil sa "availability" ng bawat isa considering most are from the most extreme corners of manila, outside pa nga e.

hmm, practice time extension would be good. yun nga lang oras ng paggamit sa room ang isa pang question. i'll go ask what are our options for that but if we can find a better area, mas ok.

mayomee,

sa voices? umm, guilty ako dyan. lol!

ovc,

agree ako dyan. kaso sino? lahat gusto kumanta. heheheh...

kuya alex, phone patch ka namin kaso ikaw magbayad ng call card.

sorry at panggulo na naman ako.
so far, issues raised are voice quality, and practice time. who would be guiding the voices is mentioned too.

still needing more inputs from other members.

berto
06.11.27, 11:31 PM
kelan b xmas party? sama ko

hashpipe
06.11.28, 09:22 AM
You raised a very valid point. I can see the importance of having a conductor/trainer when it comes to aspects such as interpretation, intonation and sound (ay, parang bigatin tayo ah! Hahahaha!). Actually, convenient talaga kapag may isang authority when it comes to those areas.

But then again, we could always think (or believe) na we can manage that as a group. Like kung malakas ang isang section, I think we are gonna notice that ourselves and we can solve it right there and then. So in that specific area, kahit may absence of authority eh uubra pa rin. The problem that I can see with this setup is baka conflict of ideas among us lalo na if we have to decide on something. Baka maging problem rin ang matagal na process of making a decision.

Both have its pros and cons. Kaya my suggestion? Let's meet up to discuss these things! Tapos kantahan na rin tayo if you want. Hehehe!

Jon2
06.11.30, 03:08 AM
hmm, i dunno if a meeting would be good tconsidering how "busy" this month is (kaya nga we spend our Christmas party a month early)...

pero sige i'll go ask every member on my phonebook if he/she/they're okay for december.

nga pala, i've been thinking sa services natin e edsa shrine, could we just provide a "songbook" at ipatago na lang natin?

travelling far places is one thing and bringing stuff really adds to what we call "stress".

para maiwasan na rin yung "ay wala akong copy ng song na yan" syndrome.

NikNoK
06.12.05, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone, this is a nice thread! I just like to add my opinion regarding "voice cross-over", but allow me to deviate a little from the previous comment.

Ideally, you should identify to which voice range you belong to.. Even at the start of the audition, the Choirmaster assumes his role in helping you to identify your voice range and then trains you to be comfortable and improve your way of singing under that range. Its like when you were first hired in the company, your boss determines which position fits your qualifications and skills. And he certainly expects you to master the certain or specific task that has been given to you.. as this will be your main job description.

But things are not the same always as we expect, and sometimes a little "adjustment" may be of help to solve the problem for the time being.

There will come a time which we do not want but one voice range is being outnumbered by another voice for some period of time and then vice versa. You cannot really tell when this thing will happen.. but it do really happens. This is the time when we need to trust our Choirmaster of whose member he thinks has a voice range flexibility that can be trained and can be switched to one voice when needed. It's not the idea of saying that the person doing the thing is magaling but it is more of helping things work out in times of difficulties. This thing also happens in some comany like the fastfood chain wherein we notice that a dine-in crew is sometimes trained to some kitchen work so that when turmoil arise, he could be of help.

As such, I welcome the idea of "voice cross-over" in a positive way, under the careful responsiblity of the choirmaster for a certain purpose.

Just my 2 cents! :)

Jon2
06.12.14, 08:27 PM
guys, would you say "yes" and go if i say we'll have 2 saturday practices per month?

mayomee
06.12.14, 10:57 PM
ok sa akin. :)

dette
06.12.15, 02:46 AM
kuya jon, okay po sa akin magkaroon ng 2 saturday practices (it will be helpful on my part kasi bagong sali palang po ako) basta po same sched=) sa umaga parin po ha? takot po kasi ako magcommute ng gabi... hehehe. salamat po.

hashpipe
06.12.15, 02:51 AM
Yes. Alam mo na yan, Jon2. Hehe.

Jon2
06.12.15, 08:56 PM
@dette

yes, umaga ang practice at kung lahat agree e di ok.

i need to check the availability ng practice area (i.e. silid leonarda).

3 votes na! waiting for others pa...

berto
06.12.16, 06:43 PM
yup yup yup. kailangan ko dn un. dami ko d lam n songs e.

NikNoK
06.12.18, 01:24 PM
2 saturday practices every other month...
or at least 1 practice every month... :)

hashpipe
06.12.18, 06:41 PM

Hindi ba parang ganito na ang setup natin ngayon?

Jon2
06.12.19, 01:25 AM
lol! yes, hashpipe, we do 2 saturdays before our service.

yo berto, buti nagpost ka!? hehehe...

NikNoK
06.12.19, 03:18 PM
:)

Hindi ba parang ganito na ang setup natin ngayon?

Yup.

It was a point of clarification derived from the original suggestion below:
(every other month - per month)

guys, would you say "yes" and go if i say we'll have 2 saturday practices per month?

hashpipe
06.12.19, 08:03 PM
Huh? Nalabuan ako, Niknok. Anong clarification? Hindi ba suggestion yung sinabi mo below:

or at least 1 practice every month...

In which I replied na 2 saturday practices every other month na ang current setup na balak ngang baguhin dahil medyo kulang siya.

Wala lang. Naguluhan lang ako sa last post mo. :P

Alexander
06.12.20, 10:06 AM
The key is, NO PAIN NO GAIN....

The Pain.... BPOCC needs to do extra hours or set of practice

The Gain... BPOCC will improve in terms of voice quality, increase the repertoire, blend, and most of all, rapport.

Makakatulong din talaga kung merong trainor na mag-aalaga diba hashpipe.... meron akong ilan na alam dito sa boards who is capable of.... sana mag volunteer (if he/she is still free :) )

Go BPOCC !!

NikNoK
06.12.20, 01:12 PM
Hala! baka masyado na kitang binibigyan ng sakit ng ulo Hashpipe? :) Sana hindi... ???

Anyway, heto. Sana matanggap mo yung explanation ko this time.

Diba nag post si Jon2 sabi niya he's suggesting 2 practices PER MONTH?

And so i Posted.. 2 practices EVERY OTHER MONTH.
or at least ONCE A MONTH.

I posted such thing kasi diba po magkaiba yung PER MONTH sa EVERY OTHER MONTH?

As for my reply, i didnt directly said no to that idea, instead i reiterate the current set up that we have (2 PRACTICES EVERY OTHER MONTH) or the idea of AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH.

that means as for my personal vote, im comfortable with the current set up (2 EVERY OTHER MONTH) over the other suggestion na (2 PER MONTH)

well, a clarification can imply a suggestion rin naman eh, pero sana hindi big deal yung terminology, kasi whether you see it as clarification or suggestion its beside the point that im referring to. :)

Hanggang d2 na lang.. pag malabo pa rin, attend tayo practice pareho tapos pag may time pa, libre mo ko KFC tapos linawin natin yung malabo, baka ma-explain ko ng maayos pag personal habang tsumitsibog kesa d2 sa board. :)

jefflyceum
06.12.20, 01:47 PM
kuya nik, pag malabo pa rin, sama ako sa KFC. hehehehee

hashpipe
06.12.20, 05:36 PM
Okay, gets ko na. So you were also suggesting rin pala to STAY WITH THE CURRENT SETUP. I guess I just found it weird na since we were suggesting how to add more practices with our current setup eh yung current setup ang isa-suggest mo by simply putting it that way without any explanation kaya nagmukha tuloy na parang 'di mo alam kung ano ang setup natin ngayon. Ngayon sana yan ang ma-gets mo at mukhang magulo ang sinabi ko, hehehehehe! :P

Jefflyceum! Ikaw talaga puro pagkain ang nasa isip! Hehe! :P

jefflyceum
06.12.21, 06:32 AM
WHERE?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

dette
06.12.30, 01:56 AM
wow!=) new year na... magkikita-kita na po tayo, yey!=) god bless us always.

mary_ann
07.03.12, 01:21 PM
more practice! yeh! hehe

sana lagi ako makaattend hehe

mis u guys!
miss u ate dette..hehe

kita kits..sa KFC haha

J O J I T
07.03.13, 09:55 PM
night ba practice nyo? di ba pwedeng weekdays? hehehe

Jon2
07.03.14, 12:24 AM
di e kuya jojit, mostly mornings ang practices namin when we're talking about edsa shrine services pero pag other activities e mostly night time na halos umabsent na ako from work noon. lol!

agreed schedule so far e 4 saturday mornings BEFORE the week of service. isang beses pa lang namin nagagawa ito and dalawang saturdays akong absent (can't be helped).

i will say bilib ako sa kanila kasi anlalayo kaya ng mga tirahan nila and yet, mas maaga pa sila sa akin. hehehe...

and we're not talking about just an hour long bus ride.

sometimes we extend time kung me ibang lugar na mapapagpractisan or me magandang sine... ooops!

hehehe...

umm, usually ginagawa namin e kumain ng kumain after, then kulitan.

teka, weird at andami mong tanong? hahaha... manlilibre ka no? uuuyy!

J O J I T
07.03.14, 10:17 AM
that's good. mas ok kung morning. just in case nasa manila ulit ako, i don't have to wait night time para makapag-practice with you guys. gusto ko din kasi makasama mga makukulit kong anak. anyway, if ever mabalik ako sa manila, dun tayo magkikita-kita :)

dette
07.03.18, 01:59 AM
kakamiss ang mga practices natin... medyo rest ang mga beauty natin ngayon e... kaya naman tama lang talaga na 4 saturdays ang practice natin bago magservice=) kasi kakamiss kayo agad... =)

naku ann=) talagang makakaattend ka ng mga practices natin kasi kukulitin kita... wala kang takas kay ate dette... hehehe... *muah*

froilan
07.05.09, 03:24 PM
hello jojit! Tama makulit yan si dete. Anyhow, sana makita kita sa praktis ng BPOCC jojit.God bless!

froilan
07.05.10, 05:10 PM
Balik tayo sa thread. Sabi nga ni jon2 "BPOCC, please no personal attacks or whatsoever. I just need your points on any of these..."

voices
practice schedules
membership
responsibilities
fun
collection and security of data
online possibilites

Tama lahat ng sinabi ni jon2. Sa aking opinion,idea at komento. Proper breathing, unisol per section, marunong makiramdam kung wla na sya sa tono o malakas ang boses nya masyado, hindi recognize ang boses o nangingibabaw, respeto sa tumutugtog,nakikinig o nakakarinig, matutong sumunod at d pasaway sa oras ng praktis o service.Marami pa tlga at sadyang mahaba kung pag uusapan.Kpag pinag usapan natin ang diffrent voices ng tao, marami itong klase. may pop, classical, operatic etc. Mahirap i-eplain ito sa nagmamagaling.And i hope na sana hindi lahat makikialam sa praktis dahil maguguluhan ang lahat. Kung maari lng sana ay isa hanggang dalawa lng ang magtu2ro.Yan ay aking sariling opinion at experience lamang sa haba ng panahon ng aking pag2gtog.Para naman ito sa ikagaganda ng choir natin! I will sing forever! God bless us all!

simba
09.05.22, 08:46 PM
I definitely agree with you Froi sa point mo na "sana ay isa hanggang dalawa lang ang magtuturo."

It must always be realized that in a choir, the conductor's role is not an easy task. Actually, a group with more than one choirmaster will usually lead the ensemble into divisions. Very evident lalo na pag hindi pa gaanong nagkakasundo ang mga choirmasters.

Kaya when I handled the Batas Himig of the Philippine National Police before, I started by saying "Once you enter the choir room for rehearsals, you put down any titles (General, Colonel, Captain, etc...) that you have. Even if you are a high-ranking officer, please be informed that what I'll be needing from you is your singing so as to be called a worthy member of this choir."

simba
09.05.25, 12:45 AM
I've heard that BPOCC will sing in a liturgical service in Baguio at the same day I'll be conducting a choral enhancement workshop there. Please be informed that these are two different activities and that I'm not in any way part of that service.

I will be with some BP Onliners who's also going up there primarily for the workshop while the other group will be singing there for the mass and their stroll. Nasa kanila na yun kung gusto nilang sumama sa workshop. But since I'll also be there, that will be my chance to really listen to them and state my points on what areas are to be improved as what this thread is referring to.

Of course, my observations will not in anyway include any personal attack since I do not know them personally. Pero ang pinag-uusapan dito ay ang subject about Room(s) for Improvement. If the problem is caused by a single person, then that comment will be directed to him in fairness to the others who'd been diligently doing their roles correctly. Hindi dapat uso ang balat-sibuyas if you really want to improve yourself. Be rest assured na pag edukado ang nagbigay ng comment, he knows how to choose his words for the greater benefit of the party being critiqued.

czyre
09.05.25, 01:56 PM
Sorry prof, I have to clarify po, the onliners coming here in June is not BPOCC. They're coming here for some personal reasons and we just agreed to meet up and I invited them to join our mass service.

We're still working on the BPOCC-Northern Chapter.:)

Bien
09.05.25, 02:35 PM
Kakamiss tuloy iyong baccalaureate mass service sa PICC for the adamson graduates dati, naka 3 years din ata akong nakasali dun...pahirapan iyong pagaaral at praktis ng kanya-kanyang voices. Pero sarap naman pakinggan pag actual na kantahan na. :)

I remember iyong nagtuturo sa min eh nasa isip nya lang iyong mga SATB lines ng lahat ng songs, wala akong nakita ni isang pyesa nun. Tinuturo lang sa actual na praktis. :)

czyre
09.05.25, 02:42 PM
Kakamiss tuloy iyong baccalaureate mass service sa PICC for the adamson graduates dati, naka 3 years din ata akong nakasali dun...pahirapan iyong pagaaral at praktis ng kanya-kanyang voices. Pero sarap naman pakinggan pag actual na kantahan na. :)

I remember iyong nagtuturo sa min eh nasa isip nya lang iyong mga SATB lines ng lahat ng songs, wala akong nakita ni isang pyesa nun. Tinuturo lang sa actual na praktis. :)

Si kuya Bien, may sariling mundo, may ibang kausap hahaha...

simba
09.05.25, 03:08 PM
Sorry prof, I have to clarify po, the onliners coming here in June is not BPOCC. They're coming here for some personal reasons and we just agreed to meet up and I invited them to join our mass service.

We're still working on the BPOCC-Northern Chapter.:)

you don't have to be sorry. ok lang naman, you've explained to me na hindi nga sila mga taga dyan sa area nyo kaya rin hindi sila nagpa-identify as a BPOCC chapter. Hindi naman siguro sila mga members ng BPOCC na kumakanta sa EDSA ano? Teka, hindi ka kaya mahirapan mamangka sa dalawang ilog? I mean, baka sobrang dami ng aasikasuhin mo at magka-conflict na.

Bien
09.05.25, 03:26 PM
Si kuya Bien, may sariling mundo, may ibang kausap hahaha...

[Pero ang pinag-uusapan dito ay ang subject about Room(s) for Improvement. If the problem is caused by a single person, then that comment will be directed to him in fairness to the others who'd been diligently doing their roles correctly. Hindi dapat uso ang balat-sibuyas if you really want to improve yourself. Be rest assured na pag edukado ang nagbigay ng comment, he knows how to choose his words for the greater benefit of the party being critiqued.]

Haha...forgot to attach iyong comments ni prof, naalala ko lang iyong mga praktis namin tapos may nakikinig na mga pari sa min at nagbibigay ng mga feedback sa pagkanta namin. Pag wala iyong pari eh saka kami nakakakanta ng maayos. Sorry di ko napansin na for BPOCC iyong "rooms for improvement" na topic.

titopao
09.05.25, 03:48 PM
@Bien: the thread was originally created for suggestions on how to improve the singing of the BPOCC (EDSA Shrine) group (and this is also why it's on the BPOCC sub-forum, not on the General Music Discussions sub-forums). That's why this topic should be restricted for, well, suggestions for improving the performance of the BPOCC, and not of other groups. For general "room for improvements" discussions involving groups other than the BPOCC, I think it should go to the General Music Discusions forums.

Bien
09.05.25, 03:58 PM
Oo nga titopao...thanks for the reminder. :)

robgreyes
09.05.26, 07:43 AM
you don't have to be sorry. ok lang naman, you've explained to me na hindi nga sila mga taga dyan sa area nyo kaya rin hindi sila nagpa-identify as a BPOCC chapter. Hindi naman siguro sila mga members ng BPOCC na kumakanta sa EDSA ano? Teka, hindi ka kaya mahirapan mamangka sa dalawang ilog? I mean, baka sobrang dami ng aasikasuhin mo at magka-conflict na.

Boss Simba, if you're referring to BPOCC who sings in Edsa Shrine, the one going to Baguio is a totally different group. If you want to hear the (let me borrow this from titopao) "canonical" BPOCC sing to give them your educated comments, you'll find them in Edsa Shrine. May service yata sila this Friday. I got the chance to serve with BPOCC before, busy na lang sa school and work kaya di nako nakaka-attend.

Check here: http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=876

simba
09.05.26, 12:48 PM
robgreyes,

I hope I can always be that available to go where I always wanted to. One of the reasons why they thought that simba here in BPOC was a fictional character was because I wasn't able to even give a single glimpse to the EDSA Shrine group despite their repeated invitations. Just imagine, yung Trinoma nga hindi ko pa mapupuntahan kung hindi dahil kina Trina who took me there.

Now, it just happened that I'll be giving the workshop in Baguio on the same dates and the thought that they are the same group makes it viable for me to listen to them as per their request for some room for improvement.

For the record, I give critiques if they ask for it considering the fact that they really want to progress and continuously improve their craft.

prinze
09.07.28, 08:37 AM
Okay naman po yung kanta last service kahit madalian lang po ang practice.
May isang comment lang po ako. Hindi po gaanong balanse sa likod.
Ang nangyari po kze ay solo + choir.
May isang soprano po na medyo malapit po sa mic kaya nasasapawan niya po ang lahat.
Next time po siguro, dapat pakinggan po muna natin sa likod
para malaman natin kung balanse at kung hinde, makakapag adjust po tayo. :)

czyre
09.07.28, 08:42 AM
Oo nga noh, meron pala 'to. Comment na rin ako. Sana hindi pinapalitan ang lineup on the spot hehehe... Hanggang ngayon kasi may hangover pa rin ako sa Our Father kasi ni-practice ko yun sa loob ng bus pati Sa Batong Ito. Sayang naman yung prinactice ko ng 1 week na di ko nakanta hehehe... Although naiintindihan ko naman yung situation (kulang sa time for practice) pero pag alam nating ganun ang nangyayari we should all come to the service prepared di ba? Yun lang.:)

prinze
09.07.28, 08:44 AM
Talagang hindi maka move on si Trina sa pagkakapalit ng line up. LOL hahahaha
peace czyre. :)

Alexander
09.07.28, 08:56 AM
May isang comment lang po ako. Hindi po gaanong balanse sa likod.
Ang nangyari po kze ay solo + choir.
May isang soprano po na medyo malapit po sa mic kaya nasasapawan niya po ang lahat.
Next time po siguro, dapat pakinggan po muna natin sa likod
para malaman natin kung balanse at kung hinde, makakapag adjust po tayo. :)

prinze, baka nahihiya lumabas at humarap sa mic. Kasi sa mga dating service nung kasama pa ng BPOCC ang Legion Choir, pag kakanta na, dapat yung nasa likod ay lalabas para lumapit sa mic para maiwasan ang "solo" effect.

Pero it was a very good point to recognize that.

czyre
09.07.28, 09:01 AM
Masikip po kasi sa may area ng choir eh ako lang ang maliit doon noong Friday. Lahat sila ang lalaking tao kaya yung iba nasa likod na kaya siguro hindi mapick-up yung boses nung iba. Tapos yung direction pa ng boses papunta altar kaya nakukulong yung boses.

@Prinze, minsan lang ako makakanta kaya dapat pabigyan hehehe... Alam mo naman ang lola mo, magaling na singer LOL

froilan
09.08.04, 02:43 PM
czyre, ako na humihingi pasensya sa pagpalit ng line up nung araw ng service sa kadahilanan na kokonti lang ang dumating on time. mahirap din kasi ipilit na kahit lahat kayo ay nag self study pero wala namang rehearsal or practice na naganap before the mass, mahihirapan ang lahat para makanta ng maayos. gusto ko man hindi palitan ang ibang kanta, di kakayanin dahil nung practice 2 lang ang babae at puro lalaki.

prinze, yan ang dahilan kung bakit lahat kayo pinapalapit sa harapan para maiwasan ang solo effect. mahirap din ang sitwasyon natin dahil masikip ang area at marami tayo.

bpocc, sana next time pilitin natin dumating on time para maiwasan ang mga ganitong pangyayari, though naiintindihan natin ang sitwayson ng iba na galing pa sila sa kani kanilang mga trabaho at kelangan pa nila bumyahe.

Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat na umattend at sumama sa service.

holiday24_77
10.03.25, 09:39 AM
Hi guys, i tried searchng my query sa FAQ kaso hindi ko makita o hindi ko lang napansin so dito ko na lang ilalagay yung query ko...Paano ba sumali sa BPOCC, yung nag se-serve sa Edsa shrine. Thanks!

Alexander
10.03.25, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the BPOC holiday24_77!!!

Akala ko nung una, spammer ka dahil sa napili mong username :) Anyway, kung nais mo na sumama sa EDSA Shrine Services, puntahan mo itong thread na ito

EDSA Shrine Matters (Mass Services/Line-Ups) (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=876) (click the link)

Meron silang service this coming Friday, you maybe interested to go there just to meet them and tell them you wanted to join next time, look for Froilan, He's the current BPOCC Coordinator.

holiday24_77
10.03.25, 10:16 AM
Maraming salamat Alexander sa iyong pagbigay tugon sa aking katanunga....may wento kung bakit yan user name ko..lagay ko minsan sa thread..may nabasa ako about it eh! Thanks again!

Alexander
10.03.25, 10:20 AM
Pwede mo ikwento yan sa The Meet Market (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=378) thread or sa Stories Behind Your Username (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=3390&highlight=Username) thread.

Enjoy and happy posting

czyre
10.03.31, 11:48 AM
:)

Are you referring to the Edsa Shrine services or the previous concerts?

kasparov23
10.03.31, 03:50 PM
BPOCC as a whole... :)

prinze
10.03.31, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I agree with Brian. Kailangan talagang magkaroon ng evaluation. Sana magawa ito ng mas maaga.

Alexander
10.04.06, 11:37 AM
Guys, I think the thread is very general in terms of the "Title" but the the thread is intended for the EDSA Shrine Services (If I am not mistaken, kasi yun ang pinaka regular na activity during it's creation). Pero sa palagay ko if this concerns BPOCC as a whole, pwede na rin,

Tungkol naman sa "Evaluation", I guess, iba itong topic and should be "event specific" and not taken as general, para di po malagay out of context... In addition, evaluation should be taken on the context of performance bilang grupo at hindi individuals... pero as I've said.... separate thread... :D

velpastrana
10.04.16, 09:14 AM
kung itong thread na ito ay para po pala sa Edsa Shrine mass service improvement..puede po bang mag request na mag schedule ng meetings beforehand..para naman po lahat na bibigyan ng considerations speaking of schedules and places kung saan mag pra practice? nagtatanong lang po???

prinze
10.04.17, 12:18 AM
Correct. Mas maganda sanang mapagusapan kung ano yung mga pagkukulang ng bawat isa. Ang ganda na ng nasimulan eh. Sinasayang lang. Para sa BPOCC din naman yun. :(

velpastrana
10.04.17, 12:36 AM
sana nga hindi naman ma bale wala ang mga panahon at oras na binibigay ng bawat isa...hindi lang naman i isa lang ang tumulong marami din...maalala pa kaya nila???:)

prinze
10.04.17, 12:46 AM
Sana nga mama velpastrana. Kung open for improvement ang group (BPOCC), dapat lang pagusapan yung mga naging problema nung 'Sang Tinig at VSO.
Ang hirap kze binabalewala eh.

ernanibaetiong
10.04.17, 11:00 AM
Suggestion na lang guys, kung dedma ang evaluation as an event, why not online conference? Pero sana walang dedma noh! Parang patay na kasi ang idealism kung di papansinin ang mga problema na alam naman ng lahat na meron

velpastrana
10.04.17, 11:13 AM
sana marami ang tulad mo na malawak ang isip at pangunawa....bukas sa pag babago at ang nasa loob ay ang mabuting kapakanan ng grupo...masarap kasi na ang lahat ay nagkaka isa para lahat ay masaya:whistle:

prinze
10.04.18, 12:43 AM
Hmmm... nde naman tayo nagkulang sa suporta. pero, bakit ganun?

markjeff
10.04.18, 10:57 AM
@prinze

e kasi..... lolz (sabihin q na lang sa u pag nagkita tyo)

i still stand dun sa deletion reason ko kasi til now patay pa din ang mga kinauukulan sa thread na ito. :yuck:

markjeff
10.04.19, 01:39 AM
OT: Caloocan Peeps, kanta kyo samin sa Fiesta ahehe...[/QUOTE]

lolz

OT: oo ba di muna kelangan sabihin (db kaladkarin hahahah)

prinze
10.04.19, 03:03 AM
Sino ba inaantay natin? Hehehe. LOL.
Nangyari na before, nangyari pa ulit. Hahayaan pa ba nating mangyari ulit. Tsk. :surrender:

Hindi ako magtataka, darating yung araw, magiging 10+ na yung BPOCC. Ayusin mo ito Pards.

czyre
10.04.19, 06:13 AM
Anong kaguluhan ito?! LOL

OT: Sali din ako sa Kalookan peeps ha? Wala naman kasing thread para sa mga taga-QC (na kaladkarin) hehehe...

Having participated (and coordinated) the last two concerts and joined few services in Edsa Shrine, I have a lot to say in this thread... But I don't think all onliners pay much attention to what's being posted here. Kaya iniisip ko nalang, nag-serve ako. And I gave my all. God is my witness. :)

Peace! :)

Alexander
10.04.19, 10:12 AM
Tungkol naman sa "Evaluation", I guess, iba itong topic and should be "event specific" and not taken as general, para di po malagay out of context... In addition, evaluation should be taken on the context of performance bilang grupo at hindi individuals... pero as I've said.... separate thread... :D

Tulad ng nabanggit ko earlier, ililipat ko po ang mga discussion tungkol sa SangTinig at VSO concerts sa bagong thread, kasi po mukhang "evaluation" talaga ang dapat gawin.

Siguro you can start with VSO, that being the most recent one. Yung sa Sang Tinig, alam ko nagpapatawag na dati si simba sa Core Group.

value

Simulan natin (kahit hindi ako kasama)

1. Participants - lahat ng BPOCC na nagparticipate sa VSO Concert (@czyre, can you please list the names again? Thanks)
2. Date and Time - can you all organize the availability para magkita-kita?
3. Feedback - List all the concerns and issues that you've all encountered before and during the concert (it would be handy if you have a feedback form)

What were the difficulties, challenges or constraints?

In selecting the repertoire
Practice dates and venues / location?
Individuals and team's effort?
What to do (and not to do) during practice
Effectiveness of coordination process (e-mail, text)
Costumes selection?
Musical Instruction (MIDIs, e-copies, director, etc)
Overall coordination?
During the concert?

Dagdagan nyo na lang po, then the next set would be your resolution on how to avoid or make improvements.

4. Feedback Resolution - Eto ang mga dapat na talakayin matapos matanggap ang mga feedback.
5. Moving forward - Alin ang mga dapat na i-take on board (at mga dapat iwasan) na resolution para sa mga susunod na activity ay mas maging smooth ang takbo.

Sana po masimulan na ang evaluation.... :)

blazinghands
10.04.19, 10:23 AM
OT: Caloocan Peeps, kanta kyo samin sa Fiesta ahehe...

OT: uy, kelan yung fiesta? pakain! :-)

regarding post evaluation, siguro kahit gimik-kwentuhan type na activity lang.

Alexander
10.04.19, 10:55 AM
Sino ba inaantay natin? Hehehe. LOL.
Nangyari na before, nangyari pa ulit. Hahayaan pa ba nating mangyari ulit. Tsk. :surrender:

Hindi ako magtataka, darating yung araw, magiging 10+ na yung BPOCC. Ayusin mo ito Pards.

Alam ko na theme song natin dito... Waiting in vain... Nyahahaha... LOL

OT: Caloocan Peeps, kanta kyo samin sa Fiesta ahehe...

Hmmm... nde naman tayo nagkulang sa suporta. pero, bakit ganun?

sana marami ang tulad mo na malawak ang isip at pangunawa....bukas sa pag babago at ang nasa loob ay ang mabuting kapakanan ng grupo...masarap kasi na ang lahat ay nagkaka isa para lahat ay masaya:whistle:

Sana nga mama velpastrana. Kung open for improvement ang group (BPOCC), dapat lang pagusapan yung mga naging problema nung 'Sang Tinig at VSO.

Correct. Mas maganda sanang mapagusapan kung ano yung mga pagkukulang ng bawat isa. Ang ganda na ng nasimulan eh. Sinasayang lang. Para sa BPOCC din naman yun. :(

kung itong thread na ito ay para po pala sa Edsa Shrine mass service improvement..puede po bang mag request na mag schedule ng meetings beforehand..para naman po lahat na bibigyan ng considerations speaking of schedules and places kung saan mag pra practice? nagtatanong lang po???

Teka muna.... ano ba ang issue? I maintain my stand and suggestion na i-tackle natin ito to specific events para maging malinaw po.

ernanibaetiong
10.04.19, 11:36 AM
Kuya I don't think apt yung title for what was intended to be discussed, yung hiningi kasi ni kasparov23 was for the...

BPOCC as a whole... :)

Hindi po event specific yung intention nung suggestion to evaluate.

And siguro para mapansin na rin nung iba, hindi lang po ito para sa BPOCC, para po ito sa BPOCCs-hindi lang kasi iisa at hindi rin nagkakaisa amfp, ang tatanda na pasaway pa >:(

Sorry sa tatamaan, pero sa totoo lang tayo.

Alexander
10.04.19, 12:12 PM
@Nani, halo-halo kalamay kasi ang statement e. LOL

First thing's first... ano ba ang issue? Aware ako sa ibang bagay at nakakarelate ako sa sinasabing "nangyari na before" (sana lang pareho). The thing is.... the issue is not properly identified

Mapag-usapan ang mga issues kung meron man...

There are things that needs to be discussed... Pero mukhang dedma naman sa iba so, dedma na lang rin...

Can anyone stand up and identify the issue para dun masimulan? Kung sa BPOCC as a whole ito, balik dun sa "Room for Improvement" thread, at para di maka confuse, let's stick to VSO evaluation on this thread.

Marami kasi ang nagsasabi about sa "naging problema sa VSO at Sangtinig" so in that regard, I separated this thread to be specific muna sa VSO kasi nga meron na nagpapatawag ng sa SangTinig.

In that case we cannot be too general na sabihin "BPOCC as a whole". So

sjclc
10.04.19, 12:19 PM
i believe that this is for BPOCC as a whole, kuya alex. VSO, SangTinig and the EDSA Shrine Services.

Kuhang kuha ni kuya nani yung statement: "Hindi lang iisa at hindi pa nagkakaisa" <= I think this is the primary issue.

At medyo napapansin ko na rin na may mga ilan talagang umiiwas sa problema pero gawa nang gawa ng problema.

Alexander
10.04.19, 12:40 PM
Okay. This is what I'll do. I'll merge back the thread together if this is not going to be an evaluation thread. It seems to me that no one wants to stand up and say what the (current) issue is.

Pero eto yung naaamoy ko na issue... tama ba ako?

Ayaw na sana naming iparating dito sa board kaso wala talaga eh... Would everyone like it kung bigla na lang na magkaroon na naman ng isang BPOCC na nagseserve sa isa pang simbahan? Na me sariling set ng activities? When in fact pwede namang isang grupo lang? Speak up, that's all we are asking...

Sasagot lang ako, una, meron tayong freedom to associate kahit kanino, meaning, hindi tayo ni-re-restrict if you and your friends would like to sing together sa isang simbahan lalo na't magkakalapit kayo ng place. Pangalawa, it would be a commitment for a group para gawin na regular ang pagkanta sa ibang simbahan. Pangatlo, if your availability does not permit you anymore to sing on the previous committment, hindi naman tayo pipilitin as most of us were volunteers (take for example, ako) di na ako pwede kaya di na ako kumakanta. Pero this does not mean na ayoko na kumanta with them or I will disassociciate myself with them kasi mga naging kasama at kaibigan ko sila.

Now please can someone say what the real issue is? If you're not able to, you can PM me. I'll gladly explore possibilities kahit nasa malayo ako para maresolve ang issue.

velpastrana
10.04.19, 01:26 PM
personal opinion ko lang po...sana magpakatotoo tau sa sarili natin kilala ninyo kung sino po kayo...walang masamang umamin sa kahinaan ng isang tao...nag se srve pa naman tau sa simbahang ating kinagagalawan...paano ka humarap kay Lord ngayung araw na to?...sinabi ba niya sa iyo na paglayuin ang kanyang mga tupa??di hamak na maganda talaga kung ang isang samahan ay masayang nagsa sama sama para maiayos ang problema ng bawat isa...the more you accept mistakes the greater the chance for you to improve oneself..please lang po think of the group wag ung pangsarili lang.... let's be ONE in heart and mind...open forum na para mag ka alaman......... :worried::cry:

Cinderella
10.04.19, 02:32 PM
meron po bang issue ang BPOCC specifically after the concert kasi everything went well naman po di ba after the said event and after ng last service sa shrine pero biglang may ganito pala :(

velpastrana
10.04.19, 02:50 PM
dear, better for you not to know..hindi mo lang siguro napapansin...let the concern persons speak up...pero in the long run ma o obvious rin....pag may evaluation ka na lang po mag bigay ng opinion ok???wala naman taung hinahangad kung di ang kabutihan ng grupo as a whole ha hindi partition lang...peace :)

Cinderella
10.04.19, 03:12 PM
yeah right ate vel, i maybe not on the right position to give any opinion I'm just sad sa mga nababasa ko po. Sana maayos na kung anong issue man meron para sa kabutihan ng lahat. :)

Alexander
10.04.19, 03:25 PM
Peeps. May I remind you to post tactfully or we will be forced lock this thread. Any personal issues or concern, you direct them via personal message. Do not expect people to respond to you immediately as they may have not the luxury of posting full time on the messageboard as you have.

Please do not post anything that you cannot stand ground on. If you cannot identify the issue, please do not post it. If it is personal please remember that this can be sensitive and must be communicated directly via PM to the individual.

From here I do not want to see any post that can cause any uncertainties. Please be guided.

markjeff
10.04.19, 03:41 PM
kuya alex,

i agree with you. in fact and simple lang naman ng request ni kasparov which is hindi naman OT dito sa thread na ito. Paano ba magiimprove? di ba one way is to have an evaluation/open forum.

ang siste po kasi this is the BPOCC specific thread pero yung mga NAMUMUNO ng BPOCC ay tila nagbubulagbulagan o nagbibingibingihan sa request ni isang miyembro. (Sorry po kung may tinamaan). i believe it is their duty to check all threads pertaining to BPOCC kasi nga sila yung namumuno.

i believe every member has a right to be heard and to address any concerns he/she has.

the problem from the very start is as you can see from the date of the request 3 weeks na ata ito til now wala feedback or any notice from anybody within bpocc to accept or reject Kasparov's request.

sa mga nabasa ko from this thread, napaganda ng intention ni Kasparov i really cannot discern kung bakit walang action/reaction.

i will not speak for myself kasi ako ayoko na din sana imention yung saloobin ko tungkol dito. talagang nag paradigm shift na lang ako.

i am still hoping for a favorable meeting of minds otherwise hindi ko alam kung paano natin nakanta yung "WE ARE ONE" sa dalawang events. god bless po sa lahat.

Alexander
10.04.19, 03:52 PM
Markjeff...

That maybe three weeks, but the past three weeks was very hectic as you maybe aware yourself that it was the Holy Week. Maybe let us give some more time kasi ngayon lang sila nakakabawi sa sobrang daming activities.

velpastrana
10.04.19, 03:57 PM
noted po...???:worried:

markjeff
10.04.19, 04:01 PM
Markjeff...

That maybe three weeks, but the past three weeks was very hectic as you maybe aware yourself that it was the Holy Week. Maybe let us give some more time kasi ngayon lang sila nakakabawi sa sobrang daming activities.

noted po sana nga busy lang sila. kasi we are busy as well and i can also say that in the case of kasparov since magkasama kami sa most services and activities last holy week. parang ironic naman kung kaming mga busy din ay nakakabasa/nakakapost ng thread. and may mga post na din sila sa ibang threads. hindi ba nakakapagtaka yun?

i am still looking forward na maayos na ito at the soonest possible time.

NikNoK
10.04.19, 04:42 PM
Dearest Bryan, Prinze, Ate Vel and markjeff!

Thank you for posting your suggestion and comments here. I commend you guys for taking the courage to speak your mind individually and as a group. You really have a solid group and friendship. I envy your Diocese for having musicians like you as you strive to work things out for the improvement of things. The Online community must be very proud that the set of officers in Diocese of Kalookan are onliners from this board. As such the BPOCC is blessed to have you part of the group.

The VSO Concert preparation until the concert itself on March 21 was really busy months for everyone who participated this. In addition, the week after that was even more hectic for every members of the choir who were preparing for their Holy week assignments including the Easter vigils, etc. The week after that must be a time for others to relax a little. Your urgent request for a BPOCC meeting which shall be represented by everyone might not be possible during the time of notification.

However, now that busy months and weeks is a little over for most of us, it would be more fitting to schedule an open forum/evaluation.

I do not wish to speak on behalf of Froilan since he is our BPOCC coordinator and that he may have other things in mind that might not be exactly as what i think. I may not know his availability and his activities to attend to your concerns.

In any case, the moderators of the board respect both sides, so we will be encouraging both parties to meet up and schedule a date convenient for everyone concerned.

If Froilan would not be available to post on this board, Kindly contact and discuss with him either via yahoo or other social networking channel which date would you prefer to hold the open forum including the list of participants you wish to be present for that evaluation. Although i have already cascaded notification to him, you may also want to call his attention via text or call him on his mobile to set the schedule. Nevertheless, Nani's suggestion would be a good back-up idea to discuss things via online conference if personal meet-up would not be possible at this time.

We are looking forward for the scheduled meet-up to rekindle relationships and we pray that everyone will be guided with the Spirit of Humility.
________

Everyone,

The Moderators of the board shall continue to enforce the board's rules and regulations on the manner of your posting and we hope everyone adheres to the Rules of Conduct. Your attitude and professionalism in the way you compose your post messages will be highly appreciated. Maintaining a level of diplomatic and courteous way of showing your sincere and genuine concern for the improvement of the group is much encouraged. Consequently, we are reminding everyone to be extra careful in using our Board's smiley emoticons as this is part of our message which we want to convey.

Light words are gentle to one's heart. God bless our group!

velpastrana
10.04.19, 05:10 PM
thank you soooo much for looking into this matters..hope that everyone will have time to patch things up...I really love the group (BPOCC) and I cannot just disregard what's happening, I'm very concern lang and I wanted no more less than peace and happiness for each and everyone...God bless you with a pure heart....:)

froilan
10.04.19, 11:52 PM
To address your concerns, we would like to schedule a forum for the group. The goal is for everyone concerned to provide constructive feedback for the group. We hope that everyone concerned will participate. Please let us know your availability. Weekends are preferred. You may text us or send us a message anytime.

prinze
10.04.20, 12:55 AM
To address your concerns, we would like to schedule a forum for the group. The goal is for everyone concerned to provide constructive feedback for the group. We hope that everyone concerned will participate. Please let us know your availability. Weekends are preferred. You may text us or send us a message anytime.

Us & We? ??? ???
Okay. mag set tayo ng date. Gusto ko ding maayos na ito.

psalm_choir
10.04.20, 06:33 AM
Kuya Prinze. Tama naman po ang grammar e. Pero mas maganda nga po kung isa na lang like

"Let us schedule a forum" tsaka "Let us hope..."

Peace to all mankind

prinze
10.04.26, 01:39 AM
Yeah. Nde ako after sa grammar eh. Alam ko un. Ang tanong ko lng bkit 'we'? May officer n b? Kala ko isa lng ang coordinator? Kung may officer, may election? Kung magkakaroon, dpat magkaroon ng mas competent at qualified n officer.

markjeff
10.04.26, 02:42 AM
hmmmm sana may "like" button dito gaya ng sa facebook. ano na ba ang developments?

prinze
10.04.26, 02:42 AM
pag nagantay ako baka pumuti na buhok ko. LOL

NikNoK
10.04.26, 08:46 AM
May we remind everybody that this is the forum board of Bukas Palad and that we all belong to this Online Community. We expect everyone to be more courteous and humble in the manner of their posting. This is the spirit of community after all.

The forum board has given both parties a chance to express their concern through this thread. The first party have successfuly expressed their desire to have an open forum. The other party in his post acknowledged the invitation and is waiting for notification of your availability.

Since the main point of request and the acknowledgment was already posted here, we are expecting that both parties shall exert an effort to coordinate with each other their preferred date of meet-up.

This serves as the last and final warning for all those unnecessary posts which might not contribute to a healthy discussion leading to resolution.

Your sincere and genuine concern for the improvement of BPOCC is expected to reflect on your post.

velpastrana
10.04.26, 09:30 AM
I think what they are after is, ang dapat mag spearhead ng open forum dapat ung taong involved....as far as I know..syempre ung may position hindi dictated ng iba....siya dapat ang mag effort to reach out kung concern talaga sa group ha, para matapos na at ma i air nila ang kanilang mga concerns...hindi ung parang balewala lang...lumilipas ang panahon at oras....when ba talaga????paki post naman ng date and venue para ma settle na to for once and for all...... :) peace

NikNoK
10.04.26, 09:50 AM
Ate Vel, i appreciate your clarification. Your group were the one who requested for an open forum, and it was good that you guys were pro-active on this matter as initiated by Bryann. Froilan acknowledged and posted his availability and mentioned that you may text him to inform your availability as well. Has anyone from your group notified him already of your availability?

I think our Forum board had given both parties a fair chance to express their concern. Other concerns for discussions regarding any issues must be discussed during the meet-up. May i then reiterate that it should be both parties' effort to settle the date for the meet-up.

No more posts complaining about ignoring requests since it has been already acknowledged. You guys have to coordinate with each other and continue your discussion on your scheduled meet up.

Peeps. May I remind you to post tactfully or we will be forced lock this thread. Any personal issues or concern, you direct them via personal message...

Unnecessary posts will be STRICTLY moderated without further notice. I hope Moderator Alex and I have made our point very clear to everyone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to send a private message to any members of the Moderating Team.

velpastrana
10.04.26, 10:12 AM
speaking of tactfullness..wala naman akong nakitang offending posts from them they're just expressing their views and we are entitled for our freedom to express di ba..at never naman silang nag mention ng name on board...parang ikaw lang nag nag identify ng "person"correct me if I'm wrong....well good intentions will bring out positive outcome...wala pong hinangad ang "grupo ko" which you mentioned earlier na masama its just a simple open forum..taken out of kontext...sad to say pero parang dinidivide nyo ang grupo when you implicated ang "group ko" soooo paano ang group mo? nagtatanong lang po...since you used the word "group"

NikNoK
10.04.26, 10:25 AM
Ate Vel,

I dont post here to take sides nor join any arguments, but I Thank you for expressing your concern and I apologize if that's how you interpret my messsage.

Then I will join the meet-up to explain my side. Kindly coordinate with Froilan on the date.

I dont want to have a chatroom discussion here on both parties explaining their sides as this is not the proper venue. Im sure you will agree with me that the open forum is the best venue for such discussions as requested by Bryan and not here.

This thread is entitled Room for improvement and as such by the purpose of this thread, i personally believe that mentioning name sounds more professional than making it like a blind item for everyone.

Now to avoid following posts being taken out of context as mentioned, I am closing this thread.

Feel free to contact anyone from the Moderating Team if you feel that this thread was unjustly closed.

Thank you and God bless!