PDA

View Full Version : Tinapy ng Buhay - translation

ed noel
07.04.07, 02:01 AM
Does anyone have an English translation of 'Tinapay ng Buhay'. we will be singing this for the first time in our church for Easter as a second communion hymn. We do sing BP songs in Tagalog as second offertory/communion songs, but our liturgical director wants an english transalation for the assembly.

It would be much appreciated if there is already a poetic translation of 'Tinapay ng Buhay'. although we can translate it, (but since we are not well-versed in the real Tagalog language), we don't do justice to the translation that we have come up. Pangit ang translation namin.. so your help is needed. Thx

KORO:
Ikaw, Hesus, ang tinapay ng buhay
Binasbasan, hinati't inialay
Buhay na ganap ang sa ami'y kaloob
At pagsasalong walang hanggan

Basbasan ang buhay naming handog
Nawa'y matulad sa pag-aalay Mo
Buhay na laan nang lubos
Sa mundong sa pag-ibig ay kapos (KORO)

Marapatin sa kapwa maging tinapay
Kagalakan sa nalulumbay
Katarungan sa naaapi
At kanlungan ng bayan Mong sawi (KORO)

ed noel
07.07.26, 04:11 AM
Baka naman mayroon na kayong transalation nito into English. Om that we can give the congregation so they'll undestand what we are singing.

Alexander
07.07.27, 08:03 AM
You mean an Adaptation of the song in English....
Kasi you can easily make translation without being to literal in the meaning and still keep the message of the song intact...but making it match the melody without sounding terrible in terms of syllabication... its a tough job...maybe we can ask Fr Mano.

jose
07.07.27, 11:29 AM
bro ed, i tried my best to translate this but only for reading purposes of the assembly, not for singing. i don't know if this would be of any help. your translation may be better than this but anyway, here goes...

You, O Lord, are the Bread of Life
Blessed, shared and offered
A life of fullness You've given us
An everlasting gathering

Bless us O Lord, our life we give
Our offering may be like Yours
You gave Yourself completely
To this world, in love we thirst

Let us, O Lord, be like bread to others
May we give joy to the sorrowful
May we bring justice to the persecuted
May we be refuge to your people

ed noel
07.07.27, 12:47 PM
You mean an Adaptation of the song in English....
Kasi you can easily make translation without being to literal in the meaning and still keep the message of the song intact...but making it match the melody without sounding terrible in terms of syllabication... its a tough job...maybe we can ask Fr Mano.

No Alex, I don't need it to match the melody. It is just for reading, and if would be good if it is poetic, too.

Salamat jose. Yours will be a good start. What you came up is better than what we have here, dahil karamihan nang choir members namin ay hindi Tagalog. If we can have other people try... then I maybe I am able to incoporate them into one.

thanks and God Bless..

sjclc
07.10.29, 08:41 PM
Natuwa ako... Di ko pa nababasa itong thread na ito kaninang umaga pero pumasok sa isip ko bigla na itranslate ang "Tinapay ng Buhay" habang naliligo... ROFLMAO
Here's my version:

Jesus, You are the Bread of Life
Blessed, broken and offered
True life You have given us
And forever a celebration

Bless these lives we offer
May they be as Yours
Life given in full
To the world where love is scarce

May we be bread to the others
Joy to the sorrowing
Justice to the oppressed
And refuge of Your lost people

Hehe, alam ko maraming indirect translations diyan... Pero mas maganda pa rin yata yung rendition ni kuya jose