PDA

View Full Version : Sa 'Yo Lamang (Best of BP Vol 1)

sjclc
07.09.13, 09:11 PM
This thread about the song will be divided into 2 parts:

A. A love song?
Ever since it was recorded as an OPM and not as liturgical, many people (including some of the priests in our vicariate) think that it has become a "love song" and should not be sung at the Mass, but perfect for weddings, that's their opinion at least. But, I see nothing wrong with it.

B. Offertory or Communion?
We use in our parish as a Communion song (at least before the "love song" issue started)... But last time I heard it (before it was condemned in our vicariate), it was used as an offertory song in another parish.

mark_chua
07.09.14, 12:51 AM
I think and believe when you analyze the song Sa 'Yo Lamang, it fits as a song for priests and can be sang on occasions like ordination or sacerdotal mass. The chorus speaks of purity(kalinisan), chastity(pagdaralita) and obedience(pagtalima) which are the vows of a priestly life.

Definitely NOT a love song but can be a song of devotion. Can be used in communion during special mass like graduation, wedding, etc. But not as offertory song.

let2m26
07.09.14, 12:58 AM
very well said mark :nice:

itanyag
07.11.06, 06:55 PM
I second the motion.

ednavaliente
08.05.19, 11:39 AM
we used it as an offertory song, both in regular masses and weddings, wala naman kaming narinig na reactions or comments, ok lang din sa priest namin.

anf kingbemie
09.12.16, 02:22 PM
were using this song as a communion song sa mga mass pag yung mga reading ay may kinalaman sa self- sacrificing or selflessness parang sa pari lang yun kasi sabi sa akin na pang pari talaga yung song

Sir Michael
10.05.22, 08:05 AM
I think and believe when you analyze the song Sa 'Yo Lamang, it fits as a song for priests and can be sang on occasions like ordination or sacerdotal mass. The chorus speaks of purity(kalinisan), chastity(pagdaralita) and obedience(pagtalima) which are the vows of a priestly life.

Definitely NOT a love song but can be a song of devotion. Can be used in communion during special mass like graduation, wedding, etc. But not as offertory song.

The vows of the Religous Life are poverty, chastity, and obedience. Di po kasama yung purity.

Pero good point... Kasi...

Poverty - Pagdaralita
Chastity - Kalinisan
Obedience - Pagtalima

Fr. Manoling Francisco and Fr. Jun-Jun Borres wrote this song "in time for their first vows as Jesuits. As such, the song speaks of their desire to live out the Jesuit priestly vows of CHASTITY (Kalinisan), POVERTY (Pagdaralita), and OBEDIENCE (PAGTALIMA)."
- Mr. Norman Agatep's post (click) (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=112)