PDA

View Full Version : Baccalaureate mass

gdtrinos
08.01.10, 05:45 PM
Hello there! I just Whant to ask what songs would be appropriate for a baccalaureate Mass? Specifically grade 6 pupils. As early as now our school is already preparing for songs to be used in the baccalaureate mass and the graduation proper. The mass will be held on March 25, I think thats after Holy Week. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks and God bless.:)

ryanestandarte
08.01.10, 09:21 PM
Siguro po mas ok kung yung mga ordinary songs ang kakantahin. The usual thing po, lalo na kapag communion. Or you could have a choice na puwedeng mga kanta na patungkol sa pag-graduate ng mga bata. But I would most likely to prefer yung mga ordinary, common songs. :)

titopao
08.01.11, 12:10 PM
On the perspective of liturgy, baccalaureate masses aren't considered a separate kind of mass, you'll usually follow the readings for the day. The usual norms for choosing mass songs apply, so you may also want to pay attention to the fact that if it's going to be held after Holy Week, you may expect to have the Gloria (Papuri sa Diyos/Glory to God) sung :)

Junilo
08.01.11, 12:18 PM
Siguro po mas ok kung yung mga ordinary songs ang kakantahin. The usual thing po, lalo na kapag communion. Or you could have a choice na puwedeng mga kanta na patungkol sa pag-graduate ng mga bata. But I would most likely to prefer yung mga ordinary, common songs. :)

entance song: Sing a New song Unto the Lord
Purihin ang panginoon
Lover of us all
At home in our Hearts

Offertory: Tayong lahat ay may Pananagutan (Pananagutan)
Take O Lord this Offering
We offer our lives.
Paghahandog sa Sarili
Take and recieve
Awit ng Isang Alagad
Lord, I offer my life to you.

Communion: Lead me Lord
Thank You Lord for the Trials that come my way.
No Greater Love
I may never pass this way again
God will make away.
Power of Your Love

Final Song; O panginoon ko
Magpasalamat Kayo sa Panginoon
Give Thanks
Humayo't Ihayag.
Papuri at Pasassalamat
Come Fill my World

ryanestandarte
08.01.11, 02:35 PM
On the perspective of liturgy, baccalaureate masses aren't considered a separate kind of mass, you'll usually follow the readings for the day. The usual norms for choosing mass songs apply, so you may also want to pay attention to the fact that if it's going to be held after Holy Week, you may expect to have the Gloria (Papuri sa Diyos/Glory to God) sung :)

Agree po ako doon. Actually, when I graduated po e ako rin yung nag-arrange ng responsorial psalm namin. It was a re-arrangement po e. But the main essence of a baccalaureate mass is celebrating Jesus in the eucharist. :D

gdtrinos
08.01.11, 04:09 PM
Thank you po sa mga suggestions nyo. They're all a big help.

titopao
08.01.11, 04:35 PM

Just thought you might be interested to know:

I stand corrected on my own words. It is possible to have a mass with the readings or prayers slightly different from what's the required reading for the day. In order to do this, the mass must take the form of a votive mass a mass for a specific intention.

I think I do remember chancing upon some texts for votive masses on a missal or lectionary (I can't remember which one) a few years back. Ang naaalala ko, some of the votive masses were for some particular feasts in honor of the Virgin Mary, some were for asking for a blessing for the election of a pope, some were for the intentions of nuns (or about to enter religious life)...and, yes, may nakita rin ako noon na votive mass for birthdays!

I'm not sure though if the rules have changed with regard to votive masses and, also, which kinds of votive masses are included in recent printings of missals/lectionaries (I'm sure that there may be (and will likely have) changes). So I'd still suggest that we go by what's the assigned readings for the day para safe :)

To learn more about votive masses, please visit this page from the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15508b.htm

(Note: information is taken from the now-public domain 1911 edition of the Catholic Encyclopedia, so some information may no longer be up-to-date or relevant.)

blueforgetmenot
08.01.23, 12:10 AM
i also agree to tipopao, ilang beses na rin ako tumugtog ng baccalaureate mass and i usually follow the readings and the gospel also, yun lang minsan di maiwasan na biglaan lang, pag wala ako maisip, kahit ano na lang na pwede makanta.. hehehe