PDA

View Full Version : New Album

gud knight
06.04.07, 01:00 AM
WILL there be a new BP album this year? How about a songbook for your GOD OF SILENCE album?

Thank you! More Power! And LET YOUR PRAISES BE HEARD!

Pharan
06.04.08, 11:39 PM
Yes, please. A GOD OF SILENCE songbook would be an answered prayer to... i suppose... thousands all over the country.:D Dare I believe that that is true.

I know it was meant to be an "inspirational" album but I believe the arrangements, though maybe somewhat complex-sounding to some ears, would serve the Lord well in Eucharistic celebrations.. as well as other occasions. :yes:

Also, not to compare in bias or encourage a blind bandwagon effect(We know BP has its own unique identity) but several of Hangad's songs arranged by Paulo Tirol or JC Uy must be worlds harder and more confusing for a lot of choirs than the beautifully "clean" arrangements on God of Silence, but they still released theirs. I think they had trust in the ability in choirs here and I don't see why BP shouldn't give the same trust. Moreover, most of the songs in the album already have previous, simpler arrangements that less able choirs can opt for.

Is there another reason why BP would not release this songbook?

TONET
06.04.09, 07:55 PM
Hi Pharan and Gud Knight,

Thank you for your messages.

A songbook for God of Silence is not something we have decided not to do simply because it is an inpsirational album. The only predicament we have really is time to make one. hehehe

We are planning to either launch a songbook or as a temporary solution, just provide song sheets for some of the more liturgically appropriate songs in the album. Rest assured that we will keep you updated through the website of these developments.

Cheers!
TONET

Pharan
06.04.11, 12:01 AM
Ah.. okay. :)
I hope I didn't sound too imposing. I just recalled the some topic being discussed here at the forums and there didn't seem to be any feedback from anyone from the BP music ministry.. The "issue" seemed similar to that of the Let Your Praises Be Heard songbook, if you could call it that. (Thus my original perception.)

Anyway. It's really nice to hear from you, Tonet. :D I hardly get to read any messages from BP people. I know most of you are busy with the U.S. tour and everything. But it's comforting to know a songbook is planned... or considered.:P God bless you, by the way, in all that. I'm sure we all hope to hear more about it sometime soon.

God bless you guys with strength.. and maybe time(to make a songbook or twoLOL ).. and whatever else to help forward His glory.
AMDG!

PS
What's with that Best of Bukas Palad Vol. 3 written among the "Coming Soon" features in the JesCom Catalogue?

TONET
06.04.11, 08:43 PM
Bukas Palad Vol 3?.......hmm...secret na lang muna. hehe

Thanks for the support!

TONET

Pharan
06.04.11, 10:02 PM
"secret muna." gotcha. ;)

gud knight
06.04.17, 08:21 PM
any hint kung kelan po lalabas ang Best of BP 3? thanks!

TONET
06.04.29, 02:44 AM
Let me just say that the album will out in the near future. hehe

yankees_suck23
06.04.30, 07:07 PM
Siguro, i-babalik yung mga kanta na kagaya ng Luwalhati (di ba maganda), I Hear my Name. Palagay ko, malupit ito! Pero pansin ninyo, ang Best of BP 1 ay Filipino songs, Best of BP 2 ay English, hindi kaya Mandarin ang Best of BP 3? Ayos lang kung both English and Filipino yung BOBP3 :)

Pharan
06.04.30, 09:17 PM
hahaha! baka naman bisaya na lahat nasa BP v3... or mandarin chinese. or, malay mo, swahili... kaya nag secret2x sila about it. HAHAHAHA!! :P

kinukulit talaga. kawawa naman si kuya tonet.

Ali
06.05.01, 04:57 PM
Actually, may Mandarin albums na ang Jesuit Music Ministry. Dalawa pa nga yata. May album na rin silang co-produced na Bisaya. Kaya kung ibang wika ang Best of Bukas Palad, Volume 3, baka hindi na Mandarin o Bisaya yun. :D

Baka nga Swahili? :D

Pharan
06.05.01, 11:48 PM
hahaha! alam ko na yun.
Back in Sacred Heart School of the Society of Jesus (chinese school kasi yun sa Cebu), we used to sing the Mandarin-translated versions of songs by Fr. Hontiveros all the time during Chinese masses... also a Chinese "Our Father" but it's not in either of the books. :P I was surprised enough to find a lot of those songs to be there having choral arrangements and everything.
maalala ko pa yung Kyrie namin... "Shaaaang zhu qiu ni chui lian."
hehe...
wla lang. share ko lang.. out of topic.

I certainly hope and pray that BP would make a songbook for God of Silence. :D

rommel_garcia
06.07.01, 02:52 PM
i have my hitlist or suggestions for the bbp vol.3

1. AWIT NG PAGSUYO
2. I HEAR MY NAME
3. MY SOUL FINDS REST
4. TEACH MY HEART
5. IYONG ANGKIN
6. TINAPAY NG BUHAY
7. EMPTY SPACE
8. PANANALIG (THE BEST!)
9. FAR GREATER LOVE
10. HUWAG KANG MANGAMBA
11. SA HAPAG NG PANGINOON
12. ALL SHALL BE WELL
13. PAGBABALIK
14. PAG-AALAY
15. NARIYAN KA
16. TUBIG NG BUHAY
17. ABANG MARIA
18. DAAN NG BAYAN

OK BAH!:ecstatic:

niknok: ok ito! just please try to avoid double posting.

adonis_cs
08.01.31, 01:40 PM
hi..magtatanong lang kung may upcoming album ba kayo na pang misa like Tinapay ng Buhay...:)

jemelyn devota
08.02.03, 02:25 PM
newbie po ako. may bago na po ba kaung glory to god??? tnx po

nasserpellas
08.02.06, 12:47 AM
ako baka magupload ako ng score nyan kapag naging regular member na ako

irish_misa
08.07.05, 11:15 AM
any new album?:)

caj1022
08.08.23, 07:48 PM
I'm excited kung kelan lalabas ang Best of BP3 ;)

It has been my hobby to find new songs to share to my choir members for us to learn and share in the community. I hope meron din po songbook :)

sjclc
09.05.26, 12:30 PM
titopao made a similar thread before kuya alex posted:
http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=5669

Alexander
09.05.26, 01:26 PM
Okay, I will just move the relevant post there and lock this thread. Thanks for the heads up.