PDA

View Full Version : Music Bookstores

maggi_dfiddler
08.03.13, 04:07 PM
hello po ill be in QC on the second week of april i would like to know kung saan pwde makabili ng mga song books, like the MASS Songs By Paolo Tirol, Mass songs By Ryan Cyabyab, then collection fo the works of Mr Delgado?

Hope there's a store who sells these books... thanks

Alexander
08.03.14, 08:23 AM
Mass songs of Lester Delgado can be bought at UST and Don Bosco in Makati.

Paolo Tirol's (Hangad's) and other JMM mass books including Bukas Palad's can be bought at any Tanging Yaman Shops (SM Megamall, Level 5 near Chapel / Gateway Mall in Cubao near LRT2 station or in Ateneo de Manila University - Katipunan QC, just ask for JESCOM)

Ryan Cayabyab's songbooks can be bought at the Ryan Cayabyab music studio sa Robinsons Galleria in EDSA.

titopao
08.03.14, 08:27 AM
With regard to Lester's song book, also try sending him a PM (his user ID is lester_delgado) :D

maggi_dfiddler
08.03.16, 01:51 AM
where can you buy books, and collection of songs in manila, like the mass by Paolo Tirol, and Ryan Cayabyab. I have a limited time kasi sa manila eh, susulitin ko sana by going to the right place...im from cebu ST. Pauls lang kasi ang only books store that sells song books...hope you can help.

titopao
08.03.16, 09:22 AM
Hmm....haven't you asked this same question before? ???

Paulo Tirol/other JMM songbooks - Tanging Yaman bookshops
1. At the SM Megamall - 5th level, near the Megamall chapel (it's close to an elevator and also just a few steps away from the Megatrade Hall)
2. The Gateway in Cubao - it's just near the LRT2 station, you can ask the guards at either the Gateway or the LRT
House of Praise bookshops - there's a lot of these in Manila, including SM Stores
St. Paul's bookstores - also in SM malls. The ones here in Manila will usually carry JMM songbooks as well

Ryan Cayabyab - The Ryan Cayabyab Music Studio
637-9840, 914-5055, 0917-9096484
Park Avenue, Robinsons Galleria
Origas Avenue corner Edsa
Quezon City
Note: I strongly suggest that you contact the Ryan Cayabyab studio ahead of time. Some songbooks might not be available and might need to be pre-ordered (also, some songbooks might need to be bought in bulk, so better ask ahead of time para talagang hindi masayang ang pagpunta mo ng Manila).

Hope these help :D

Alexander
08.03.18, 08:35 AM
Hmm....haven't you asked this same question before? ???

Yep! maggi_dfiddler did cross posted to another forum that's why I merged it here.

Might as well put all INFO on stores where you can buy MUSIC BOOKS here

titopao
08.03.18, 09:50 AM
Exactly, Alex :)

Let me just reiterate: Lester's (lester_delgado) songbook, "Misa Delgado", is available at the UST Conservatory of Music and at the St. John Bosco (Don Bosco) Parish in Makati. In case you're unable to visit those places, do please send lester a PM here at the boards, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you out :)

tiger shark
08.03.18, 11:53 AM
Tanong ko lang po, ang hymn books ninyo ba ay may music score? I have a friend who is going back to PI and I'd like to ask him to buy me hymn books for our Filipino Mass.

titopao
08.03.18, 12:08 PM
Tanong ko lang po, ang hymn books ninyo ba ay may music score? I have a friend who is going back to PI and I'd like to ask him to buy me hymn books for our Filipino Mass.

Most hymn books sold by the JMM are itself music scores. However, they also have this songbook (I can't remember the title) that has lyrics/chords only. But that doesn't matter anyway....when your friend comes over to any of the bookstores cited below, he can browse through each songbook first :)

Btw, Lester's songbook is also a complete vocal score :)

Alexander
08.03.19, 06:04 AM
Titopao,

Yung chordbook ng JMM ay yung "BAYAN UMAWIT"... plus sa mga St Pauls naman merong mga "Rejoice" chordbooks

maggi_dfiddler
08.03.19, 01:35 PM
thanks, for the help hope i can, go to these stores, sa AILM pala yung seminar namin. tapos hindi ako masyadong kabisado sa manila or sa QC. Thank YOu

tiger shark
08.03.19, 07:07 PM
Most hymn books sold by the JMM are itself music scores. However, they also have this songbook (I can't remember the title) that has lyrics/chords only. But that doesn't matter anyway....when your friend comes over to any of the bookstores cited below, he can browse through each songbook first :)

Btw, Lester's songbook is also a complete vocal score :)

Thanks for the info titopao, we have just started our Filipino Mass late last year and our Parish Priest appointed me as coordinator for the Mass and that include the Filipino Choir (this is an extra load for me . I already belong to 3 choirs!). I'm at a loss as I'm not familiar with Filipino hymns that's why I need music score. I have access to our parish music library but I want Filipino Hymns to be included in there as well for future use. Thanks once again. Your help is most appreciated.

blastedcleric
08.04.04, 12:48 PM
Where can i buy books for religious songs which are not solely for chords. Example, for flute, lyres, etc. Scores or music sheet books?

Alexander
08.04.07, 09:07 AM
Music parts for instruments are normally not produced by local liturgical musicians for commercial purposes as they sometimes just write it for performance purposes but you can by music parts for some songs from overseas sources like www.ocp.org (http://www.ocp.org) or sa www.giamusic.com (http://www.giamusic.com) or sa WLP website (https://www.wlp.jspaluch.com/wlp/default.asp?find%5Fcategory=WECELSALES&find%5Fdescription=We+Celebrate&find%5Fpart%5Fdesc=)

Depende sa kanta na hinahanap mo.