PDA

View Full Version : Procesional Song for Palm Sunday

cardinal_jaf
08.03.14, 01:36 PM
Halu!

Anybody who can suggest an english song fit for Processional/Entrance march for Palm Sunday? Thanks a lot!

merrubio
08.03.15, 12:15 AM
We sing Hosanah (sa Anak ni David) which can be found in the San Carlos Seminary songbook.

silveryellow
08.03.15, 08:06 AM
We sing Hosanah (sa Anak ni David) which can be found in the San Carlos Seminary songbook.

yon din ang kinakanta namin :)

cardinal_jaf
08.03.15, 04:44 PM
thanks! di ko po alam yung kantang yun. hehehe. aside from san carlos seminary songbook, meron ba'ng ibang published songbook na meron yang kantang yan?

merrubio
08.03.17, 05:33 AM
thanks! di ko po alam yung kantang yun. hehehe. aside from san carlos seminary songbook, meron ba'ng ibang published songbook na meron yang kantang yan?
Sorry, late na ang reply na ito.

I don't think it is published elsewhere. We also got a copy of the song, together with other songs for the Holy Week, when we attended one of the Lenten seminars conducted by the Archdiocesan Music Ministry (Archdiocese of Manila).

yuanbautista
08.03.17, 08:27 AM
Late na rin to... Hosanna to the Son of David..

Chorus:
Hosanna to the Son of David
To the King of Israel,
the Lord of the earth
To the Son of the living God
Hosanna to the Son of David
To the King of Israel,
the Lord of the earth
To the Son of the living God

1. Blessed is He who comes now
in the name of the Lord
To God most high sing glory,
Hosanna sing praises.

2. Little children, come and meet the Lord with palms, cloaks and branches
To God most high sing glory,
Hosanna sing praises

sjclc
08.03.17, 10:59 AM
late din, pero kinanta namin is Let Heaven Rejoice.

cardinal_jaf
08.03.17, 01:37 PM
thanks po sa mga nag-reply... i prepared Let Heaven Rejoice din po.. pero di kasi pinakantahan ng pari during the blessing of palms.

I'll do some research on Hosanna to the Son of David na rin po .. para ma-praktis namin for next year. hehe.

Thanks again!

reksuyah
09.03.20, 11:56 AM
Hosanna sa Anak ni David (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=1363&highlight=anak+david) ni E. Parungao - ito po ang ginagamit namin sa parish na processional tuwing Palm Sunday. Salamat chitto for the score!

mods, dapat yata sa "Choirs and the Church" discussion ang thread na ito.

Paulus_Magnus
09.03.23, 10:12 PM
Lauda Ierusalem. Yun po ang kinakanta namin sa Palm sunday.

louie
09.03.23, 10:49 PM
God's holy lamb by Mark Hayes

jocheben
09.03.23, 11:28 PM
'hosanna to the son of David' ang processional song namin sa palm sunday mass.

ryudo05
09.03.25, 03:42 PM
Hello to all!

Gusto ko lang po humingi ng suggestions regarding sa upcoming Palm Sunday. Usually po kasi we do the blessing of the palaspas a few blocks from the chapel. Dahil dito we were required to sing a song during the procession to the church for the Sunday Mass.

Usually we sing the "Hosana sa Kaitaasan" which was also sung by the angels (mga bata). Pero sana kung merong alternatives aside from this song.:(

OT: sa mga moderators, pakilipat na lang po sa tamang category kung mali po yung napag-postan kong thread category.

titopao
09.03.25, 04:26 PM
Meron kaming kinakanta sa parish namin na isang Latin chant---though it's less of a chant, kasi nasa 3/4 time sya---na ang title ay "Hosanna filio David". The lyrics go like this:

Hosanna, hosanna filio David
Benedictus qui venit in nomine Iesu.
O Rex Israel! O Rex Israel!
Hosanna, hosanna in excelsis!

Wala akong sheet music nito, btw :P

As an alternative, may mga verses na galing sa missal ng Diocese namin (Diocese of Malolos) na inaawit namin sa himig ng Pasyon. Kung mayroon kayo ng similar na mga verses, maaring ganoon din ang gawin ninyo :)

ryudo05
09.03.25, 04:36 PM
Sa amin po kasi eto:

"Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna sa kaitaasan.
Pinupuri ka namin. Niluluwalhati namin..."

Then hindi ko na maalala yung the rest of the lyrics. Actually suggested ito ng mga elders and I can't find sheet music or even chords for this one. But I do know it is in this chord pattern - G A D G.

We need sana some sheet music para ma-study yung notes and thus sung properly.

titopao
09.03.25, 05:00 PM
I can't find sheet music or even chords for this one. But I do know it is in this chord pattern - G A D G.

Hala, ganyan din yung chord pattern ng kinakanta sa amin! ??? Can you remember how the melody goes like?

ryudo05
09.03.25, 05:13 PM
It is a bit fast. Siguro 2/4 time nito. I'll think of a similar melody. Tapos yung copy ko nito a few years ago has three verses with a slow part.

The last line of the chorus is .... O Aming Panginoon.

Then,

Purihin, purihin, ang hari ng mga hari...

I hope I can get some sheet music kahit song book reference lang or even a complete chord pattern.

bingo
09.03.26, 02:58 PM
hosana sa anak ni david - itong kinakanta namin sa blessing ng palaspas

silveryellow
09.03.26, 03:25 PM
related thread: :)

http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=3101

reksuyah
09.03.26, 04:28 PM
isn't it that the processional of Palm SUnday is also the blessing of Palms? habang lumalakad ang pari sa papunta sa altar ay nagbebendita siya ng mga palaspas?

ryudo05
09.03.26, 05:57 PM
isn't it that the processional of Palm SUnday is also the blessing of Palms? habang lumalakad ang pari sa papunta sa altar ay nagbebendita siya ng mga palaspas?

Yes I think it is the same. Di ko lang mahanap yung thread kaya I posted a new one.

Iam looking for possible sheet music reference or chord reference if possible. Hirap kasi makakuha sa music library namin sa parish. HIndi din kasi complete.

OT: Sa mga mods paki-merge na lang sa similar topic kung meron man.:)

ryudo05
09.03.26, 05:58 PM
hosana sa anak ni david - itong kinakanta namin sa blessing ng palaspas

Ask ko lang po is this the title of the lyrics that I have mentioned on my previous posts?

titopao
09.03.26, 06:54 PM
@ryudo5: I guess it will be the lyrics and the title of all the "Hosanna" songs that all onliners are looking for. That's because it was lifted directly from the Bible, which says:

Matthew 21: 9
The crowds preceding him and those following kept crying out and saying: "Hosanna to the Son of David; blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord; hosanna in the highest."

Mark 11: 9-10
Those preceding him as well as those following kept crying out: "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the kingdom of our father David that is to come! Hosanna in the highest!

Luke 19:38
They proclaimed: "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord. Peace in heaven and glory in the highest."

John 12:12-13
On the next day, when the great crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,they took palm branches and went out to meet him, and cried out: "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, (even) the king of Israel."

As you can see, this is one of the few songs in the Bible that appears in all four Gospels. And except for St. Luke's version, they're almost copycats of each other (keep in mind that the Gospels were written in different places and times). Dinaig pa nito ang Our Father, which appears on only two Gospels (Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 11:2-4).

Hth :)

NB. All Bible references are taken from the New American Bible, available at the Vatican website and US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website.

ryudo05
09.03.26, 07:21 PM
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll try to get some reference pa from other choirs too. Medyo may problem din sila sa part na ito. Since the original copies are no longer available sa music library since nagpalit ng music ministry head.

Alexander
09.03.30, 07:54 AM
I have posted a copy of the song we used to sing sa Parish namin sa Pinas. Check it here
http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=5363

ryudo05
09.04.01, 12:17 AM
I have posted a copy of the song we used to sing sa Parish namin sa Pinas. Check it here
http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=5363

aw! cannot access forum page not enough privilege.

reksuyah
09.04.01, 12:46 AM
ryudo05, you are just 10 posts away from becoming a regular member. keep posting and participate in the discussions so you can get full access in the forum. i'm posting another score for the procession of palms, tagalog, so post na!

ryudo05
09.04.02, 06:35 PM
ok po. I hope I could get a copy soon. Thanks for the info.

reksuyah
09.04.02, 11:50 PM
congrats ryudo05! regular ka na... so go na. search mo na yung mga songs na kailangan mo para sa linggo ng palaspas... meron dito

mabuhay ang anak ni david
hosanna sa anak ni david
osana sa anak ng dios
antipona
at meron pang iba.

ryudo05
09.04.04, 04:49 PM
congrats ryudo05! regular ka na... so go na. search mo na yung mga songs na kailangan mo para sa linggo ng palaspas... meron dito

mabuhay ang anak ni david
hosanna sa anak ni david
osana sa anak ng dios
antipona
at meron pang iba.

Thank you po. Naka-kuha na po ako. Problem na lang namin is no time for practice na dahil sa busy schedules ng lahat.

We'll stick na lang muna sa usual songs namin. Ask ko lang po kung possible din kantahin yung Let Heaven Rejoice? It seems na ok naman yung lyrics nung song for the procession.

Thanks again.

jocheben
09.04.04, 06:14 PM
Ask ko lang po kung possible din kantahin yung Let Heaven Rejoice? It seems na ok naman yung lyrics nung song for the procession.

we usually sing this song during advent.

dquiambao
09.04.04, 06:23 PM
Usually yung sa Mark 21:9 pero not sure kung may score for this.

Alexander
10.02.05, 07:33 PM
Taas ko po ito for your suggestions and discussion on the song for processional song on Palm Sunday

mike kiddie
11.03.27, 09:59 PM
ang title at sino po ang komposer nitong hosana???

osana, osana, anak ni david
pinagpala ang naparirito,
sa ngalan ng panginoon.

o hari ng israel
o hari ng israel

osana, osana, sa kaitaasan
sa kaitasa, sa kaitasan. :)

mike kiddie
11.04.04, 01:10 AM
anu-anu po ba ang pwedeng i-line-up para po sa linggo ng palaspas, nahihirapan po kasi akong pumili ng babagay na kanta para si misa na ito. sana matulungan ninyo po ako. godbless. :)

tuningspork
11.04.04, 02:08 AM
ako rin po, kuya mike kiddie, pero mayroong thread dito na makakasagot ng pangangailangan mo: http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=196&highlight=palm+sunday+lineup&page=6 :D good luck!

vic_romero
11.04.04, 05:35 AM
anu-anu po ba ang pwedeng i-line-up para po sa linggo ng palaspas, nahihirapan po kasi akong pumili ng babagay na kanta para si misa na ito. sana matulungan ninyo po ako. godbless. :)

http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showpost.php?p=145290&postcount=790

Alexander
11.04.04, 08:49 AM
Tutal natugunan na po ng ating mga kasama ang katanungan, i-close ko na po ang thread na ito para po di nakakalito, doon na po tayo sa Line-up every Sunday thread kapag pang-Linggong awitin ang tinatanong.... salamat sa pag-unawa

THREAD CLOSED

glorie-ann
11.04.10, 10:36 PM
ask ko lang po sana ano po magandang kantahin kapag nagblebless na po ng mga palaspas? Habang kumakanta rin po mga angels?

sjclc
11.04.10, 10:51 PM
You might want to check this post out:
http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showpost.php?p=145290&postcount=790

It gives some suggestions for songs to use during Passion Sunday, as suggested by JR Medina. You might also want to look at that whole thread for your song deciding needs. LOL

For a song to be sung by the "angels", you might want to use this version:
http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=8622

You can't open that thread yet since you are still a newbie.

Alexander
11.04.11, 09:26 AM
Para po di nakakalito... please refer to the "Lineup Every Sunday (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=196)" thread

THREAD CLOSED