PDA

View Full Version : LYPBH Favorite Songs

Derek
03.11.04, 01:47 PM
Hello BP-Onliners,

Please share your thoughts about Bukas Palad's new sound! I know that many of us have different musical tastes. It would be nice to hear from you what songs in the new album are making you groove, pray, laugh, cry etc. What are your emerging BP favorites?

hashpipe
03.11.04, 04:04 PM
For me, I cannot NOT listen to these songs every time I put the LYPBH cd in my player.

Let Your Praises Be Heard - This song is a hit. Snappy melody. I love the transposition and the "shoo-be-doo-bop" parts. ;D

Come To My Aid - Lakas ng dating ng song na 'to!

Holy Three-In-One - I really love the background music of this song! Listen and you will see what I mean.

All Shall Be Well - I love the flute part. It made this song sound..err...Scandinavian? Hehe! Actually, parang 5th Dimension ang dating...old sound.

Nasa Palad Mo - Funky. Nice vocal arrangement.

Let My Spirit Sing - The acapella part is great. I like how the voicings are controlled...creating this subtle feel to it.

My Way To You - Jazzy. Basta ayos 'to!

Earthkeeper - Nice melody. Great arrangement.

Alexander
03.11.04, 10:45 PM
Sa akin...in no particular order:
Arms of Love, We are Yours, Come to My Aid, Nasa Palad Mo, Let My Spirit Sing, All Shall be Well
LYPBH, Sa Tingin Mo....

And the Grammy goes to.......... :D

Papa Bear
03.11.08, 04:33 PM
I haven't heard ALL the songs yet, but so far my top favorites are "We Are Yours", the cover track "Let Your Praises Be Heard" and "All Shall Be Well" in that order.

Indeed it it a very new sound for BP. More hip, more upbeat, and more youthful. I was talking to Tonet while they were here in Tokyo and according to him, BP's audience is ageing along with the group - kung baga walang younger fans. I hope with this new album, BP's following will extend to the younger generation of today. :smiliedisco1:

Just my 2 cents' worth. ;D

hashpipe
03.11.08, 10:58 PM
Eherrrmm...no younger fans? Then what am I? Tatay? Hehe. ;D

C'mon...I'm 21. I'm still young. Meron pang iba dito sa parish namin na ka-age ko lang...though I must say, I'm the most die-hard fan. Hehe. ;D

Papa Bear
03.11.09, 10:43 AM
Kung si Hashpipe ay "tatay" na at 21, e di that puts me in the same category rin at 28, at si Koenji ay "lolo" na, hahahaha. :smiley1: (joke lang Koenji).

I think Tonet may have been referring to the bulk (and I use this loosely) of BP's fan base - mostly yuppies and college grads, and not so much of the high school (and below) crowd. But I may have misunderstood him. Maybe Tonet can shed some light?

TONET
03.11.10, 09:29 AM
I was actually referring to the DISH launch. Medyo in their 20s and 30s ang mga tao dun.

Pero i do agree that may young following pa din ang BP. Syempre, di naman namin alam to pero am sure there are :)

We are not too concerned naman with how big a following we have. What is important is that we try to give everyone out there listening to our songs a voice with which to give glory to GOD.

i hope you all find your own voices in our songs.

tonet

Alexander
03.11.10, 09:31 AM
Medyo agree ako kasi halos magkakdikit yata ang age namin nila Norman, Palan, Fr Mano at Jandi e.
Hahaha talking about age, I thing your not to young to love BP music especially dahil para sa Diyos.

"Tatay" Hashpipe (hahaha...) okey yun ah.
Buti na lang meron pang 21 and below. Kasi nowadays, iba na ang hilig ng generation next. :8

aRJedi
03.11.10, 01:35 PM
Definitely "We Are Yours". Big Lea Salonga fan here. Saka yung "Arms of Love" na rin.

Papa Bear
03.11.11, 02:23 PM
Agree ako kay Arjay. Pia (and the rest of course) really did a good job with "Arms of Love".

May dagdag ako sa faves ko... "Everything" and "Come To My Aid". The first one is so upbeat and hip and the second is so negro-spiritual flavored. I LOVE IT!

:clapper:

hashpipe
03.11.11, 04:38 PM
Never mind. :)

gmendz
03.11.11, 06:29 PM
Hi! I've been looking for the LYPBH CD here in Makati pero wala pa akong nakikita. :( Would anybody know where I can get one in this area? I've tried O Music Store in Greenbelt, Music One and Tower. Thank you so much!

TONET
03.11.11, 11:27 PM
gmendz,

Sorry to hear that you can't find our cd. Try to catch our mall show this sunday in glorietta at 1:30pm. WE will be selling the cds and tapes there.

You may also call the Jesuit Communications Office at 4265971 to inquire where to get the cds/tapes.

Thanks for the support!

tonet

SaTrIaNi
03.11.17, 02:13 PM
Fave song ko is LYPBH i remember first time ko narinig ito sa concert nila sa Marikina after Humayo't Ihayag, parang party atmosphere na ung loob ng church, then para hindi masayang ung momentum sinunod ang LYPBH cyempre, new song pero hindi nagkaron ng shock kase agad tinanggap ung kanta,

Come to My Aid, kung nde mo alam n BP ang kumanta nito magkakamali kang Gospel Song ng mga Blacks, ganun kalakas ang impact ng melody nya powerful,

We are yours para talagang I offer my self to you oh lord ang dating ang ganda

Jon2
03.11.17, 02:24 PM
WE ARE YOURS!!! ang ganda...perfect!-just what the indian guy whom i met at the show kahapon said. si ate candice ba nagsolo dun sa glorietta? basta ang galing...sa album, it's leah salonga.
actually, lahat maganda...heheheh...pero sya fave ko...next is LET YOUR PRAISES BE HEARD...heheheh
THANKS again bukaspalad for the songs...

Papa Bear
03.11.18, 02:49 PM
Tonet, Norman:

Where and how (if at all possible) can we (Himig Koenji) get a minus one of "We Are Yours" and other LYPBH songs?

Sobrang ganda at sarap kantahin talaga.

;D

hashpipe
03.11.18, 04:26 PM
I heard they're planning to release a minus one and plus one of LYPBH songs in the future. Could anyone confirm if this is already definite? :)

june ann
03.11.18, 06:21 PM
1. Arms of Love
2. LYPBH
3. We are Yours

baka maubos na lahat ng songs if i really need to list them down...maganda lahat! thank you BP! ur songs are now being aired on FM here in iloilo...syempre, ako nagpromote... :) GOODLUCK sa mall shows! sana dito din sa iloilo :(

TONET
03.11.18, 11:44 PM
if im not mistaken, i think we have a scheduled show in iloilo february of 2004.

tonet

Piatos
03.11.19, 12:02 AM
if im not mistaken, i think we have a scheduled show in iloilo february of 2004.

tonet

Yes. I believe the concert is scheduled for February 29. :)

june ann
03.11.19, 02:57 PM
wowww! dats great news! can't wait to see you again after 2 years! thanks for the info te pia and sir tonet...see you soon...im sure miss nyo na ang La Paz batchoy... :) ayan carlo...matutupad na talaga ang dream ko hehe :D

Alexander
03.11.27, 04:11 PM
Has anyone heard from any of the sponsor radio station ng LYPBH kung me pinatutugtog na dito sa NCR na LYPBH songs, buti pa sa Ilo-ilo napapakinggan na dun sabi ni June Ann (hello...)

apiOng-YPG
03.11.28, 02:45 PM
Why not try requesting for the song...just a thought...

cassiopeiavine
03.12.19, 05:49 PM
My Top 5
1. Come To My Aid
2. We Are Yours
3. LYPBH
4. Iyong Angkin
5. Child

The rest are superb too. pero syempre, lagi namang may favorite db?

bajo
03.12.20, 09:03 AM
For me,

1. We are Yours
2. LYPBH
3. Everything

Jon2
03.12.20, 05:17 PM
ehem... guys, napadaan ako sa bazaar sa may glorietta last time and guess what? me nakita akong minus one ng WE ARE YOURS (cd) on sale (nirequest ko nga na patugtugin at yun nga!). I'm not sure of the the title since it's in latin pero me nakalagay dun na WE ARE YOURS. hehehehe...go check it out. tinanong ko rin kung me tape na ganun pero sabi sa akin cd lang daw available....
I think the cover's Jesus Christ.
It says it's the official song of....umm...medyo mahina memory ko talaga..hehehehe....marami pang songs from JMM artists included, yun nga lang ang minus one saka yung latin song.

Alexander
03.12.22, 03:57 PM
Jon2,
Tama ka, yun ang official COR album ng CBCP, it was produced din ng JMM. :D

Ang title talaga nun e "WE ARE YOURS" saka yung "spanish" na song.

vannie
04.01.03, 01:25 PM
LYPBH Favorites:

1. Come to my Aid
2. Let your Praises Be Heard
3. Nasa Palad mo
4. Iyong Angkin
5. All Shall be Well
6. Sa Tingin Mo
::)

rainiermarquez
04.01.08, 02:52 PM
1. Let Your Praises Be Heard
2. Child
3. We Are Yours

Hmmm... ano pa nga ba? :cwm15: Naku, eh halos lahat na 'ata ng kanta sa album eh paborito ko! ;D

Cyanga pala, All Shall be Well has a new arrangement. Iba ito sa arrangement na nasa Something More Album ng JMM. There was a flute in it sa second repeat ng refrain.

opangan
04.01.09, 10:19 AM
Yup, ito yung album na ginamit ng CBCP for the devotion to the Sacred Heart. We are yours and another song (i think in latin) were used as theme songs. And yes, may minus one. Pwede na kantahin! ;)

ehem... guys, napadaan ako sa bazaar sa may glorietta last time and guess what? me nakita akong minus one ng WE ARE YOURS (cd) on sale (nirequest ko nga na patugtugin at yun nga!). I'm not sure of the the title since it's in latin pero me nakalagay dun na WE ARE YOURS. hehehehe...go check it out. tinanong ko rin kung me tape na ganun pero sabi sa akin cd lang daw available....
I think the cover's Jesus Christ.
It says it's the official song of....umm...medyo mahina memory ko talaga..hehehehe....marami pang songs from JMM artists included, yun nga lang ang minus one saka yung latin song.

psalm_choir
04.02.27, 07:05 PM
Ako ang favorite ko e

We are yours
Nasa Palad Mo
Earthkeeper
Arms of Love
All Shall Be Well
LYPBH

Hello ke Alexander, Kuya Alex, nandito na rin ako. :D

Alexander
04.02.27, 07:08 PM
Mabuti naman at nagmember ka na rin dito. Sana ay magustuhan mo. Si Ate Amie nga di na rin nakakapagpost e.

:D

june ann
04.03.22, 01:44 PM
hi pips! im back para ibalita lang sa inyo na sobrang na-inlove ako lately sa song na IYONG ANGKIN.....grabe! ang ganda pala ng lyrics..excited na ako sa Iloilo concert ng BP this June, si Kuya Oliver daw kakanta?! Can't wait to see you all guys back in my home province. God bless your US trip! LET YOUR PRAISES BE HEARD! :)

psalm_choir
04.03.23, 12:53 PM
hi pips! im back para ibalita lang sa inyo na sobrang na-inlove ako lately sa song na IYONG ANGKIN.....grabe! ang ganda pala ng lyrics..excited na ako sa Iloilo concert ng BP this June, si Kuya Oliver daw kakanta?! Can't wait to see you all guys back in my home province. God bless your US trip! LET YOUR PRAISES BE HEARD! :)

Last time nanood kami ni Kuya Alex sa SM City at si Oliver din ang kumanta, GALENG !!!!

Jon2
04.04.19, 03:18 PM
Earthkeeper pala e kanta ni Gary Granada...(obivous na late binasa e)
Ito ay isa sa toplist ko ngayon...well, after WE ARE YOURS pa rin...heheheh...
Sana me nakakaalam ng chords nito... ::)

psalm_choir
04.04.22, 12:59 PM
Ganda talaga ng Earth Keeper. Fav ko rin yung kanta ni Ate Pia na Arms of Love :D

BP_fan23
06.09.20, 05:41 PM
hi there, just a brief of my fave song in the LYPBH album:
We are yours
carrier single of course!
Earhkeeper
come to my aid

by the way where can i purchase your album here in Mega Manila?

jon2406
06.09.21, 03:06 PM
We are Yours ang favorite ko dito.....

Just wondering .... does this album have a songbook already? If not, when will it come out. I love the songs in this album and it would really be great if there is an accompanying songbook.:)

Alexander
06.09.22, 06:14 AM
In previous posts by BP Members, they said that since the album is not liturgical in nature, they do not have plans to release one. I do not know if I quoted them exactly, but I will once I've searched their posts.

Hello Ranier.

I admit that we have not started anything regarding your request. Rest assured, we will sit down and look into this as soon as we set aside the time and resources needed for such a laborious undertaking.

More to come...

Hello there!

We did not envision plan to come out with a songbook for Let Your Praises be Heard because the album was not liturgical in nature.

Regarding your request for the chords of You, let me work on that as soon as our sembreak starts. At this time, I am currently working on a lot of things. Sorry for the delay.
Palan

You can actually read it all at the Ask Bukas Palad Forum

jon2406
06.09.23, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info Alex!

It is a pity they are not intending to come out with songbook for this one.:( So I guess if I have 30 post already, then I will just request for the chords instead.:)

By the way, is "Ask Bukas Palad Forum" is in this forum or is it in a different one? If it is a different forum, would you kindly supply me with the link? Thanks again and have a nice weekend!!!:)

Alexander
06.09.25, 06:04 AM
http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=630&highlight=Songbook

Here is the link you requested :)

jon2406
06.09.26, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the link Alex! I was able to post my inquiry in that thread.