PDA

View Full Version : Anamnesis (Tim Conry)

humay_ug_mais
08.05.02, 04:31 PM
Who thinks this is a better song for the anamnesis?

lyrics go like this:

YOu are here and you are coming still...

is this accepted for the anamnesis?how litugical is this?

salamat po.

Yna Suello
08.05.03, 03:04 PM
Check with your Diocesan Commission on Liturgical Music, or with people in your diocese assigned in screening songs to be used for the mass.

Personally, any song that, in common sense, seems related to THE Anamnesis response during mass can be accepted, but I still recommended that you check with those with authority in such issues.

:)

Rancy Jun Micabani
10.02.25, 03:10 PM
halo! talking about ANAMNESIS, I supposed it should follow on the text found in the Roman Missal. That's what I learned when I attended our diocesan seminar on liturgical music with a certain Fr. Maramba.

Rancy Jun Micabani
10.02.25, 03:12 PM
Hindi ata tayo pwede gumawa ng ano mang lyri\cs for the anamnesis. kasi that's part of the liturgy which called common.

crissy_21
10.04.26, 08:44 PM
Pasingit po ng saglit...

Doon sa narinig ko sa isang pari sa Davao, common kasi na: [B][I]Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

In any dialect man, dapat ito ang pattern (shall I say). Ganyan kasi ang thought na Chrit has died then was risen and will come again.

Salamat po...

Sir Michael
10.09.03, 08:54 PM
The approved English texts for the Memorial Acclamation are these:
*Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.
*Dying you destroyed our death, rising you restored our life. Lord Jesus, come in glory.
*When we eat this bread and drink this cup, we proclaim your death, Lord Jesus, until you come in glory.
*Lord, by your cross and resurrection, you have set us free. You are the Saviour of the world.

I cannot find the exact lyrics of that song, but based on the given lyrics I believe the composer has made liberal changes to the approved liturgical text.
It might not be a good choice, especially next year where the re-translation of the English Mass including the Memorial Acclamations are going to be implemented.
From OCP's link, it says the composer is Tom Conry, not Tim Conry. (Please rename title mods kung napadaan kayo dito :D)

This is OCP's link to the song:
http://www.ocp.org/compositions/6563

Medyo OT pero related:
When we speak of this particular part of the Mass, we should rather call it the Memorial Acclamation rather than the Anamnesis, although that is what the published title of the song is. The Memorial Acclamation is the part of the Mass between the Consecration and the rest of the Eucharistic Prayer to the Doxology and Great Amen. It is a new form of prayer in the Mass introduced by the revisions made by the Second Vatican Council.

The Anamnesis, on the other hand, existed even before Vatican II in the Eucharistic Prayers. It is "the prayer of remembrance in which the Church calls to mind the Lord's passion, resurrection, and ascension into heaven." - Modern Catholic Dictionary. (http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/dictionary/index.cfm?id=31792)

Similar, but what also makes it different from the Memorial Acclamation is that the Anamnesis is engraved in the Eucharistic Prayer and is spoken by the priest:
"Father, we celebrate the memory of Christ, your Son. We, your people and your ministers, recall his passion, his resurrection from the dead, and his ascension into glory..."
- Eucharistic Prayer I (Roman Canon)
“In memory of his death and resurrection...”
- Eucharistic Prayer II
"Father, calling to mind the death your Son endured for our salvation, his glorious resurrection and ascension into heaven, and ready to greet him when he comes…”
- Eucharistic Prayer III
"Father, we now celebrate this memorial of our redemption. We recall Christ's death, his descent among the dead, his resurrection, and his ascension to your right hand; and, looking forward to his coming in glory..."
- Eucharistic Prayer IV

There are 9 other Eucharistic Prayers in approved for use in the English liturgy (In the US, at least) which should have this part of the Mass, although the structure and order or parts may be different :)

reginacaelichoir
10.11.10, 05:59 PM
meron nga aqng narinig recorded from an RVM sister gani2 o,

"Lord Jesus You came and died for us
Lord Jesus You rose from the dead,
Lord Jesus You'll come again in Glory
//:You'll come again to take your people Home://

d ba ang ganda ng lyrics, well adoptd frm dos n the Missal. tapos Vivace p ang dynamics n2... pro sabi nga ng liturgist ng Archdiocese namin, "Follow wat s given n d Missal[PERIOD]
tapos ang usapan.

marlo_27
11.02.04, 07:01 PM
I am agree on the four used song memorial acclamations, the songs had been accepted by the community and by the Church, base on my own opinion.:)

orlandopokey
13.05.07, 09:23 AM
meron nga aqng narinig recorded from an RVM sister gani2 o,

"Lord Jesus You came and died for us
Lord Jesus You rose from the dead,
Lord Jesus You'll come again in Glory
//:You'll come again to take your people Home://

d ba ang ganda ng lyrics, well adoptd frm dos n the Missal. tapos Vivace p ang dynamics n2... pro sabi nga ng liturgist ng Archdiocese namin, "Follow wat s given n d Missal[PERIOD]
tapos ang usapan.

Does anyone know where I can get the sheet music for this version?! I would love to use it at my wedding....PLEASE HELP!