PDA

View Full Version : Memorare (R. Cayabyab)

holychef
08.10.04, 10:31 AM
Any suggestion po kung paano paikliin yung song na ito??

reksuyah
08.10.04, 09:53 PM
hi holychef

wag na lang kantahin yung solo part. pag kailangang maiksi lang, hindi na namin pinapakanta yung solo part. dun na kami sa choral part, yung may sagutan ng girls at boys.

holychef
08.10.04, 10:52 PM
hi holychef

wag na lang kantahin yung solo part. pag kailangang maiksi lang, hindi na namin pinapakanta yung solo part. dun na kami sa choral part, yung may sagutan ng girls at boys.

ganun po? maganda naman po ba ang naging dating? nag - aalala po kasi ako baka magmukhang bitin yung song eh...

reksuyah
08.10.05, 12:00 AM
ganun po? maganda naman po ba ang naging dating? nag - aalala po kasi ako baka magmukhang bitin yung song eh...

hindi naman. maganda naman. kasi yung first part, which is the solo part, is just repeated pagdating ng choral part. because if you omit some parts in the last part of the song, say you omit the coda... yung "to thee do i come, before thee i stand (before thee i stand)... anti-climactic naman kasi the song builds up in this part. mas bitin pag sa last ka pumutol.

harharthegreat
08.10.29, 04:42 PM
hmmmm may acapella version ba ito?

bonjing15
09.08.31, 09:41 PM
helow..

juz wanna ask, is this song applicable during the communion?
In our parish, it was said that the communion songs are suppose to be about Christ.

Thanks to those who'll post their reply..
Godbless! :)

Alexander
09.09.01, 07:38 AM
Communion songs are at least related to the Gospel or about the Bread of Life.

Memorare is a prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary

bonjing15
09.09.01, 10:34 AM
hi sir alexander..

So.. can we sing MEMORARE for communion?
In Mr. C's Mass For Peace, the song is tagged with the title, "Communion Song For Mama Mary". Does this imply its applicability for communion song?

Thanks po sa reply! :)

titopao
09.09.01, 10:40 AM
bonjing15: If you'll have to be strict about it, the answer is "NO", for the reasons just stated.

In practice, though, some parish priests may (and the keyword here is may) permit singing Marian songs during the communion. It won't hurt to ask.

If the Gospel is about the Blessed Mother (for example, about the Annunciation), you may have a legitimate excuse. Again, it won't hurt to ask.

For Marian feastdays, singing Marian songs may be permitted. As an example, when my group was invited to sing at the feast day of a parish whose patron is the Virgin Mary, the letter actually encouraged us to sing Marian songs during the communion :P

Alexander
09.09.01, 10:48 AM
If I may add (and this has been discussed in the Marian Music During Communion (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=3277&highlight=Communion) thread)... you can do so if it is a votive mass dispensed by the local bishop for the Feast of the Blessed Virgin.

bonjing15
09.09.01, 12:59 PM
hi po..

Salamat po sa mga reply nio titopao, alexander...

tHanks! :)

trackmusicdevice
11.12.02, 11:09 AM
hello po....Does memorare applicable on advent?..kasi po sa pagkaka alam ko novena for mama mary and nativity eh...so tanong ko lang kung pwede ba un kantahin.. but i know po that the applicable songs during advent is ung mga awit pasko..hehe..so ask lang po ako...tnx..:):):nice:;)