PDA

View Full Version : PC Problem During Reformat

casper89
09.08.10, 10:18 AM
Hi po sa mga computer techs natin dito...Any help lang po...During reformat my laptop says na

*There is no disk in drive*

un pong sa blue screen...Any help po? Salamat po..

rammstein
09.08.10, 03:53 PM
casper, clarify ko lang:

you got the error message "There is no disk in drive" in the middle of the format process? (this means may % completed na)

or nag error sya before you actually started formatting the drive? (as in nag error when you pressed the Enter key to start formatting)

bajo
09.08.10, 04:17 PM
Sa Windows XP setup ba? SATA drive ba? If yes, during sa setup before pa sa formatting, sinabi na walang makitang hard drive yung setup, usually sa SATA drives. You need to change some settings sa SATA properties sa BIOS. Or you can download SATA driver, copy in floppy drive and during installtion ng XP, may option to copy third party driver para makita nya yung SATA drive mo.

Mas madali kung gagamit ka ng restore CD ng laptop mo to format your HDD.

But before formatting ... Back - up your files ok?

casper89
09.08.11, 10:11 AM
@rammstein-nag-error po siya after pressing F8 at wala pa po yung mga % hindi pa po siya nag-uumpisa talaga...

@bajo-Wala po siya kahit ano cd galing kasi sa abroad laptop lang pinadala no other cd's etc...

titopao
09.08.11, 10:25 AM
casper, anong brand and model ng laptop? Have you also tried to visit the laptop manufacturer's website to download drivers? It should be available there ;)

Kung merong marunong mag-Linux sa mga kasama mo, have you tried inserting a LiveCD on the CD drive and boot from it? Para pagka-boot, doon n'yo ma-check kung narerecognize ng system yung hard drive :)

EDIT: I re-read the original post and...just thought of adding this bit of advice for anyone who encounters any similar issues with their computer:

If you're asking for help regarding problems with your PC or with a particular software, it helps if you can provide specific details early on. Or if you don't know the complete details, at least provide some idea on what the configuration is. Example: Lenovo laptop, Intel processor, has combo drive (i.e. CDRW, DVD read-only), two year old laptop, trying to install Windows XP but nothing comes up on the screen. That way, it'll be easier to diagnose the possible roots of the problem and it'll be faster to find solutions.

This tip works if you're calling technical support. If you call tech support but said something as vague as "My computer's not working!!!" only, don't be surprised if instead of giving you solutions outright, the tech rep will first ask you a lot of questions :P

casper89
09.08.11, 12:36 PM
I'm planning to set-up po WinXP pero yun nga po nag-eeror, yun naman pong linux cd wala po marunong mag-ganon...
Pasensiya na po tito pao...ehe, eto po yung specs niya

MANUFACTURER- FUJITSU SIEMENS
MODEL- ESPRIMO MOBILE V5505
CHIPSET- INTEL GM965
SOUTHBRIDGE- INTEL 82801 HBM (ICH8-ME)
LPCIO- NS

BIOS
BRAND- PHOENIX TECHNOLOGY LTD
VERSION- ROI-AOZ
DATE- 1/16/08

Nadownload ko na po drivers niya pero paano ko po sila magagamit dun kasi di po ba pagkatapos maset-up yung OS dun palang sila iinstall? Kailangan ko po ba silang iburn? first time ko po kasing maencounter eto...PLEASE po patulong...

titopao
09.08.11, 12:49 PM
It's all right ;) Let's see what we can do here....

Nadownload ko na po drivers niya pero paano ko po sila magagamit dun kasi di po ba pagkatapos maset-up yung OS dun palang sila iinstall? Kailangan ko po ba silang iburn?

Yes, that's correct. If the drivers can fit in floppy drives, try copying them on floppy disks. Otherwise, try burning it into CDs. (Pero my best bet is that it'll fit in a disk, because the specs for the Fujitsu Esprimo Mobile V5505 (http://www.ciao.co.uk/Fujitsu_Siemens_ESPRIMO_Mobile_V5505_Core_2_Duo_T5 250_1_5_GHz_15_4_TFT__6761265) says its hard drive is a SATA disk, and SATA drivers normally come in a floppy disk. Downside: wala syang floppy disk, so, yes, you might need to burn it on a CD. Siguro, sa CDRW na lang para ma-recycle mo pa yung disk ;) )

Pag nag-start na mag-run ang setup program ng Windows XP, meron dapat na lalabas na message sa umpisa na nagsasabing parang "Press F6 to install drivers for ___" (di ko maalala ang exact text). Pag nakita mo yun, press the key needed, then follow the instructions on the screen.

Hmmm...these are times when I wish I was actually doing this hands-on rather than providing advice on a bulletin board posting :P hehehe

casper89
09.08.11, 12:56 PM
So titopao pag po lumitaw yun i will remove the xp cd? and relace it with the burned installers? di po ba dapat autorun yung cd nun? o kahit hindi na po? May 1 optical drive lang po kasi siya... Can i use a flash drive instead of floppy disk instead? if yes po, how?

bajo
09.08.11, 12:58 PM
I don't know if burning the SATA driver will do the trick. I also wish na nasa harap ko ang laptop mo to help you.

may setting for SATA sa BIOS para makita ng Windows XP installation ang HDD mo kahit walang SATA driver.

titopao
09.08.11, 01:00 PM
No...bale ganito: let the Windows XP installer run. Tas pag nakita mo yung message, press the needed key, and then wait for instructions on when and how to replace the CD from the installer to the driver.

If you missed the message...just restart the laptop and the installer. It won't damage your hard drive anyway, since it isn't installing anything (yet) :)

Am not sure if you might also need to go to the BIOS setup page to verify that SATA is enabled on your laptop's motherboard, haven't done much of that kasi. I'll check with my workmates on this :)

casper89
09.08.11, 01:03 PM
Ah ok po... Kasi po pag pinress ko ung F6 meron nga pong lumilitaw tapos press S sabi niya. Pag pinress ko po sasabihin niya na OEM drivers are not found...

titopao
09.08.11, 01:09 PM
Hmmm...I tried Googling for possible answers...did you see something like this?

(Click on attachment below to see sample screenshot)

bajo
09.08.11, 01:14 PM
yep, i know what your talking about. we usually use external floppy drive for the SATA driver. hindi pa namin nasusubukan kung naka CD yung driver.

No...bale ganito: let the Windows XP installer run. Tas pag nakita mo yung message, press the needed key, and then wait for instructions on when and how to replace the CD from the installer to the driver.

If you missed the message...just restart the laptop and the installer. It won't damage your hard drive anyway, since it isn't installing anything (yet) :)

Am not sure if you might also need to go to the BIOS setup page to verify that SATA is enabled on your laptop's motherboard, haven't done much of that kasi. I'll check with my workmates on this :)

bajo
09.08.11, 01:20 PM
ibig sabihin hindi makita yung driver. saan mo nasave yung driver ng SATA?
Ah ok po... Kasi po pag pinress ko ung F6 meron nga pong lumilitaw tapos press S sabi niya. Pag pinress ko po sasabihin niya na OEM drivers are not found...

bajo
09.08.11, 01:22 PM
by the way, all you need is the SATA driver para makita ng windows xp setup yung HDD mo. at mas maganda kung nasa root directory yung driver para makita agad.

titopao
09.08.11, 01:22 PM
@bajo, casper: I found this resource:

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

It's a utility that allows you to slipstream drivers into the installation CD. What it does is that it creates a customized Windows XP CD installer where you can add on drivers, service packs, security patches, custom themes and other extras you want to go along with the installer.

From what I can find at its website, nLite is a very advanced tool for the casual or ordinary user, so proceed with care, or ask the help/supervision of a very experienced user.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried nLite (though am tempted to, one of these days), I'm only sharing what I found. (bajo, if you do try this and it works, do post your feedback, I'm sure a lot of onliners will benefit ;) )

casper89
09.08.11, 01:23 PM
Hindi man po siya ganyan titopao... kasi po diba for example Press enter sabi pag if you want to install win XP tapos yung F8 to agree pagkatapos po nun yung screen na D to delete selected partition etc..pero sa baba po sabi There is no disk in the drive...

casper89
09.08.11, 01:27 PM
Actually po titopao i already used Nlite and hindi siya nagwork...

@bajo-i have all the drivers downloaded po the problem is the laptop has no floppy disk drive and di ko po alam gamitin yung sa chipset installers...Tama po ba?

About the laptop po, hindi ko na siya maopen ngayon hindi na po lumilitaw yung start menu mouse pointer and the wallpaper na lang po

bajo
09.08.11, 01:29 PM
nagamit ko na yang nlite to slipstream SP3 of Windows XP. successfull naman basta you follow the procedures.

hindi ko pa natry mag slipstream ng driver

@bajo, casper: I found this resource:

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

It's a utility that allows you to slipstream drivers into the installation CD. What it does is that it creates a customized Windows XP CD installer where you can add on drivers, service packs, security patches, custom themes and other extras you want to go along with the installer.

From what I can find at its website, nLite is a very advanced tool for the casual or ordinary user, so proceed with care, or ask the help/supervision of a very experienced user.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried nLite (though am tempted to, one of these days), I'm only sharing what I found. (bajo, if you do try this and it works, do post your feedback, I'm sure a lot of onliners will benefit ;) )

casper89
09.08.11, 11:25 PM
Hindi po ba pwedeng magamit ang flash drive na pang load ng sata driver instead of floppy? If yes po , how?