PDA

View Full Version : Tubig ng Buhay

winan
05.09.20, 10:15 PM
hi,
im from cagayan de oro
just wanna ask if we can sing tubig ng buhay even we are not yet in the lenten season.
actually we have been that song for a month already and plan to sing it on the offertory part of the mass...but when we asked someone who is also handling a choir,basically an older choirmaster about the song,if we can sing it or not..his answer was that the song is really made for the lenten season especially during the sabado de gloria...thus we didnt continue to master the song since we respect that person in terms of liturgical matters of the church,specifically to the proper songs to be sung for an appropriate seasons of the church.
please advice us
thanks

Alexander
05.09.21, 02:48 PM
I think TUBIG NG BUHAY is more appropriate for Communion or POst Communion reflection kapag ang GOSPEL is about the "TUBIG NG BUHAY" kahit hindi LENT...

Pero di yata yun offertory song as far as the lyrics are concerned.

gem_san
07.12.05, 10:19 PM
Hi Winan.

i recently bought tinapay ng buhay cd of bukas palad.

It says here that the Tubig ng Buhay, "is specifically written for the blessing of fire and water during the Easter Vigil liturgy. However, it may be also be sung during blessings, baptisms and confirmations. IN the mass, it may be sung for the Presentation of Gifts, for Communion, or for meditation after communion".

Naka line-up 'to sa akin for Offertory sa Sunday.
Somebody, who is also a member of another choir, recommended this to me.

Good luck!

value

hay naku mali...sori winan...tagal na pala nito. kala ko recently lang e

titopao
07.12.06, 01:14 PM
Hi Winan.

i recently bought tinapay ng buhay cd of bukas palad.

It says here that the Tubig ng Buhay, "is specifically written for the blessing of fire and water during the Easter Vigil liturgy. However, it may be also be sung during blessings, baptisms and confirmations. IN the mass, it may be sung for the Presentation of Gifts, for Communion, or for meditation after communion".

Naka line-up 'to sa akin for Offertory sa Sunday.
Somebody, who is also a member of another choir, recommended this to me.

Good luck!

value

hay naku mali...sori winan...tagal na pala nito. kala ko recently lang e

Hi! Actually, in the original pre-Vatican II liturgy of the mass, there is a prayer said by the priest before the mass that's named Vidi aquam---or, when translated, means "I saw water" or "Nakita ko ang tubig". I believe that "Tubig ng Buhay" was derived from or is influenced by this prayer (there is a similar Tagalog song named "Nakita ko ang tubig"), which replaces the other pre-mass prayer named Asperges ("You shall wash me..."). Vidi aquam is said only during Eastertide, but personally I don't think that "Tubig ng Buhay" is exclusive only to Eastertide, so I think you can go ahead and sing it during communion (at appropriate times, of course) :)

Here's a copy of the Tridentine mass---note that vidi aquam is right at the start, just after asperges (as an alternate):
http://www.fisheaters.com/TLMinstructions.html

dhail reimantz
08.01.09, 01:32 PM
Balak kantahin ng aming group ito this sunday for the feast of the Lord's Baptism. Sana lang makakuha na kami ng midi niya before sunday. :)

Sugarhigh
08.03.12, 11:35 AM
Hi winan,

Our choir is using Tubig ng Buhay this coming Palm Sunday as an entrance song - this was recommended to us by our priest, who sings with Himig Heswita. Am not sure if that might be a viable option for you instead of an offertory. :)

vinz_tabs
09.01.03, 10:15 PM
Nakabili na ko nung songbook nito pati cd.

i like to partner this with tinapay ng buhay for communion, and tubig ng buhay for offertory.

Pwede ba yun?

happrine29
09.10.17, 11:24 AM
i'm a new member..pls pahingi nmn po ng guitar chords ng tubig ng buhay song..maraming slamt po!

Alexander
09.10.19, 10:19 AM
happrine29,

Welcome to the BP Online Community. Newbies accounts have lots of limitation and because we have a promotion system here, you're unable to request or view the request forums.

Once you become regular you'll be able to see it.

For future reference, if you do become regular, you can find the chords of Tubig ng buhay here

http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=70

Please read our rules and regulations (link in my signature) for guidance.

Cheers!

Emerald
09.12.18, 03:28 PM
ganda po nito! nakakarelieve ng problema po!

jayr23
10.02.24, 09:07 PM
i like this song at ngayong lenten season gagawin to naming entrance song. pero ituturo ko muna sa mga members ko. hehe:)

Alexander
10.02.25, 08:17 AM
Pwede rin ito sa Easter Vigil sa pagbe-bless ng bagong Holy Water at sa mga binibinyagan dito.

bunso16
10.02.25, 11:06 AM
Pinapa-aral po ito ngayon sa choir namin para sa holy week... Gandang song po nito... :)

jayr23
10.03.18, 11:52 AM
salamat kuya alex. pwede rin pala to sa Easter Vigil. ito na rin ang kakantahin namin sa pag-bless ng bagong Holy Water.:)

prinze
10.03.19, 01:53 AM
Tama si Super Master Alexander (LOL bagong pangalan na naman, SM Alex). Pwede nga ito sa blessing of water.
Nagamit ko na ito before, kaya lang nde natapos kze mabilis lang yun. :)

Alexander
10.03.19, 11:23 AM
Super Master ??? LOL

Sa Tanza dati, okay lang ang mahaba, kasi dahil kasama na sa pagbasbas ng tubig, meron din binibinyagan.

Pag sobra na, fade out na lang ;)

winux
10.03.31, 11:58 AM
pwede po bang i-post where available yung Tubig Ng Buhay chords para po sa mga newbies. Dakulang salamat sa gabos.

chuck_dezmond
12.03.08, 01:49 PM
Sa friday prapractisin namin toh. Di pa nga lang ako nakakahanap ng pyesa. Request kc ng parish priest namin. :(

knightdom
12.03.11, 06:06 PM
sana mapili ito ng choir master namin as part of the Easter Sunday repertoire.

cassius
13.05.01, 02:18 PM
hindi yata naka synchronize ang chords sa lyrics. please help me
i need the correct chords

TUBIG NG BUHAY

CM7 Bm7 Asus A CM7 Bm7 Esus

KORO:
E B Am7 B E
Tubig ng buhay
Paglalakbay patungo sa bagong buhay
E B Am7 B E
O Hesukristo, aming gabay
Basbasan Mo ang aming alay

(I)
D E D E
Bukal ng liwanag
Nagbibigay ilaw sa mga bulag
Am7 Bm7 CM7 B
Kami'y lumalapit sa Iyong batis
Upang makakita
(KORO)

(II)
D E D E
Bukal ng pag-ibig
Nagbibigay kulay sa buong daigdig
Am7 Bm7 CM7 B
Upang magmahal
(KORO)

(III)
D E D E
Bukal ng pag-asa
Nagbibigay buhay sa nagkasala
Am7 Bm7 CM7 B
Upang mangarap pa
(KORO)

Alexander
13.06.04, 04:43 PM
cassius,

You do not need to repeat your post if the chords we not set correctly. You just need to use the proper BB code (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode)

For the chords to be in its proper place, you have to use the code or "preserve" code. Alternatively, you can also use codes

Finally, this forum is not intended to request or provide chords. The proper forum can be accessed once you reach the "Regular" status in this forum.
In case you become "regular" soon, you can access the chords on this post by non other than Palan Reyes

Link - http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?p=324#post324

Please spend some time to read our rules and regulations or if you have questions, please post it in the Newbies Questions thread. Links can be found in my signature.

Cheers