Choirs and the Church About Choirs, singing for the Church, and other religious stuff
(1/4):  1  2  3   Last »
BatusaiX

Hi all!

I need your opinion about the "Penitential Rite". OK lang po bang kantahin lagi yung Lord, Have Mercy/Panginoon, Maawa Ka every Sunday or meron instances/situation na dapat kinakanta or hindi ito kinakanta?
sjclc
Board Elder

I don't see why hindi siya dapat kantahin. Kung gusto niyo kantahin, ok lang siya. If you don't, ok pa rin. The only comment I've heard about the Kyrie is that it is a litany. Meaning the priest begins by singing "Panginoon, Maawa Ka" then the congregation responds "Panginoon, Maawa Ka" the the priest again sings "Kristo, Maawa Ka" and the congregation responds, and so on. An example of a priest-people response Kyrie can be found in TnB (Vol. 1 tagalog, Vol. 2 english)

My blog: http://azwc.blogspot.com/ | http://eowpo.multiply.com/
Blog currently inactive. It's a little messy with my random thoughts, but if you can bear the madness, please comment, or at least, follow :D
BatusaiX

May nagsabi sa 'kin na kapag ni-recite yung I confess to Almighty God, then after, dun lang kakantahin ang Lord, have mercy. Kapag may available prayers sa misallete, 'di na dapat kantahin yung Lord, have mercy. Mas maganda raw kasi yun... i-recite na lang dahil may kasamang prayers which is very related to the topic/occasion.
chitto
Bonafide Boardmember

parang redundant naman kasi pagni-recite na ung Lord, have mercy tapos kakantahin pa...un lang naman siguro dahilan dun. Depende din kasi sa pari, merong nagmamadali kung minsan
Bonnie
Board Elder

Mas gusto ko paring kinakanta yong Lord have mercy, saking opinion kasi, parang minamadali ang mass pag ni re recite na lang yong lord have mercy, ang kilalalabasan kung minsan kahit ibang part ng mass e puro recite na lang, minsan nga 30 minutes lang tapos na ang mass....
___________ "SONG OF MARY" ____________
Sing my Soul....
the greatness of the Lord...

jon2406

Hi Bonnie,

I also agree with you, that the penitential rite should be sang during masses However we must also consider the fact that maybe one of the reason that some priest might not sing this part is that they have still other masses to attend to on Sundays.

This could also be true during weekdays that the masses are shortened to allow people to attend mass before going to work.
Alexander
Super Moderator

I move this thread here kase the thread did not qualify in the guidelines set on that forum. UNLESS you want to rename the thread to a SPECIFIC song not a GENERAL"Kyrie" or "Penitential Rite"
I am not who you think I am because I do not pretend to be somebody.
Do not assume that I know everything because I am a nobody - Alexander
guitargirl
Regular

Our priests simply recite this part. But, during Lent they process in while singing the penitential rite. It is our opening procession. Sometimes there are payers that accompany it, but mostly it is just recited in our parish.
Bonnie
Board Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon2406 View Post
Hi Bonnie,

I also agree with you, that the penitential rite should be sang during masses However we must also consider the fact that maybe one of the reason that some priest might not sing this part is that they have still other masses to attend to on Sundays.

This could also be true during weekdays that the masses are shortened to allow people to attend mass before going to work.
Pwedeng tama ang sabi mo jon2406 in some point, kaso iniisip ko kasi, para sa Dios itong mass, saking palagay, hindi pwedeng gawing reason ang pagmamadali o me susunod na engagement kaya nagmamadali, kung baga kung magbibigay tayo ng oras para sa Dios, e yong wala ng agam agam pang ibang bagay na pwedeng maka apekto para mas maging dedikado tayo sa paglingkod at pagpapasalamat sa kanya.

Yan e opinion ko lamang.
___________ "SONG OF MARY" ____________
Sing my Soul....
the greatness of the Lord...

titopao
Board Elder

Sa parish naman namin, there's a good reason why masses have to strictly follow a one-hour limit. Every Sunday, we have six masses on mornings and three masses on afternoons/evenings. Yup, that's nine (9) masses in all. And most of these masses are fully packed In addition to the nine masses in the main parish church, the priests assigned to our parish also says masses for half of the 10 barrio chapels (the other half of the barrios usually have their masses as anticipated Saturday masses---and, yes, there's also a Saturday 6pm anticipated mass in the main parish church!!!) So you can only imagine how stressful Sundays are for our priests

The thing is, hindi pa rin naman minamadali ang masses sa amin, but even so all masses still fit the one-hour limit (it's very rare for a choir to sing two or more communion songs on regular Sunday masses). Regarding the Kyrie, there's no universal rule in our parish as to whether the priest sings it or not, it depends more on the priest's preference (i.e. some priests are known to just recite it, others prefer to have all mass songs sung without exception).
We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

DISSENT IS LIBERATION; NO DEMOCRACY WITHOUT DISSENT
CRITICISM IS DISCOURSE, DIALECTIC AND EDUCATION