General Discussions
Here you can talk about anything under the sun.
(1/4):  1  2  3   Last »
baleleng
Regular

Help naman po... baka may maibigay kayong sample letters para sa mga pagka-carolingan namin. nauubusan na kami ng ideas.

thanks in advance!
titopao
Board Elder

Hmmm...subok lang po. Feel free to customize

Dear ____,

We are (your group name here), a group/organization based in the Parish of St. so-and-so (or you can substitute your school or organization). Our group's mission is _____. (Feel free to add more, but don't make it too long)

In line with the coming Christmas season, we are planning to hold house-to-house carollings. We hope to visit your home on ____, at ____ p.m. for our carolling in your place. Proceeds of the carolling will go to our group's funds to help support our projects and undertakings (or, "...will benefit the ____ (name of charity)").

We thank you in advance for any donation you will be willing to provide for this undertaking. (Or something along these lines. Kelangan may assurance na any donation provided to your group will be very much appreciated. It will also help if you can thank/acknowledge your prospective donor for their support.)

Warm regards,

_______
(name of signatory/signatories and designation)

We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

DISSENT IS LIBERATION; NO DEMOCRACY WITHOUT DISSENT
CRITICISM IS DISCOURSE, DIALECTIC AND EDUCATION
michaela
Bonafide Boardmember

Hi titopao!!!that was fast..

baleleng,

I hate to state the obvious but in this case,yahoo,msn, google and other search engine are your best friends. You just need to input the right words and phrases to search for. But first, you have to know what your statement is (I assume medyo tinatamad ka lang). Anyway, Good luck
Lord,please make me a fitting instrument of your Will. And may I learn to spread Your love everyday of my life beyond the music.Amen
titopao
Board Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaela View Post
Hi titopao!!!that was fast..
michaela,

I was an (ex-)email/chat support agent in a call center. That's why writing in English comes naturally fast for me...heheheh
We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

let2m26
Bonafide Boardmember

Quote:
Titopao
Hmmm...subok lang po. Feel free to customize
nice one titopao ang galing mo talaga nakahanda ka palagi sa mga taong nangangailangan at alam mo paano sasagutin at tutugunan ang kanilang pangangailangan. saludo ako sa iyo hindi katulad ng iba diyan na sagot lang ng sagot na hindi yata alam ano ibig sabihin ng mga isinasagot kaya nga tayo nagtatanong dahil hindi natin halos alam ang ating gagawin kaya nga "newbie" ibig sabihin bago or baka hindi pa ganon kabihasa sa paggamit ng internet. anyway marami pa naman diyan na kagaya ni titopao na mgabibigay ng pinakamadling paraan...

Quote:
Baleleng
Help naman po... baka may maibigay kayong sample letters para sa mga pagka-carolingan namin. nauubusan na kami ng ideas.

thanks in advance!
Baleleng
Goodluck sa inyong caroling sana ay makarami kayo... if may problema pa sa sample letter na binigay ni titopao just pm (private message me ok)
Let-Let
"Sing Alleluia to the Lord"
titopao
Board Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by let2m26 View Post
nice one titopao ang galing mo talaga nakahanda ka palagi sa mga taong nangangailangan at alam mo paano sasagutin at tutugunan ang kanilang pangangailangan. saludo ako sa iyo hindi katulad ng iba diyan na sagot lang ng sagot na hindi yata alam ano ibig sabihin ng mga isinasagot kaya nga tayo nagtatanong dahil hindi natin halos alam ang ating gagawin kaya nga "newbie" ibig sabihin bago or baka hindi pa ganon kabihasa sa paggamit ng internet. anyway marami pa naman diyan na kagaya ni titopao na mgabibigay ng pinakamadling paraan...
let2m26,

Sa Wikipedia (kung saan ako ay aktibo), meron kaming mga rulea na nasusunod na ina-apply ko rin maski sa ibang mga website (BP and Hangad forums included). Ang ilan sa mga ito ay:

1. Don't bite the newcomers, at
2. Assume good faith

michaela
Bonafide Boardmember

Youíve said something nice titopao, something that good onliner does. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Youíve set an example that we can all have to follow.

I wonder what went wrong to my post on this thread? Maybe some people tend to read what they expect to read. The message you receive is distortedly any information you already have about the subject. So if the new information is different from what you expect, you might regret it as being incorrect.

What does this mean to us? Keep our mind open. When someone posts you something, make an extra effort to read and evaluate the new information objectively instead of blocking it out because it differs from your preconceptions. In communicating with people at online, try to learn their preconceptions. When you present your views to them, take into consideration what they already believe. If their beliefs differ from yours, learned to respect it.

Our biases for or against other onliner influence the way we receive his or her message. If you greatly admire the onliner, more than likely youíll be inclined to accept whatever he or she says. If you fervently dislike the onliner, youíll discount anything thatís said.

Being part any online community should be fun with decency right? It should not give us any burden.Probably the onliner of this community (including me)should read or reread the Query about messageboard made by jefflyceum Peace and God Bless us all
Lord,please make me a fitting instrument of your Will. And may I learn to spread Your love everyday of my life beyond the music.Amen
Kuya G.
Board Elder

Hi baleleng,

Malaking tulong ang tinuran ni titopao (salamat titopao), kung mayron ka mang nakitang sagot na sa palagay mo ay di kaiga-igaya sa iyong kahilingan, ikaw na bahalang ang magpapasensiya. Huwag ka sanang tatamarin sa pagpopost ha? Lahat kami dito sa board ay nakahandang tumulong sa mga tulad mong nangangailangan! iPM mo lang kami.
- - - - - -

Sa ating kapatid na si michaela, maraming salamat din sa iyong mga tinuran. Hinihiling po lamang na sana ay atin pang dagdagan ang pang-unawa natin sa kakulangan ng ating mga kapwa baguhang kasapi dito sa board. Kung tayo'y tutulong gawin na lamang po natin upang sa gayon ay mas maging maayos ang takbo ng board!
- - - - - -

Naghihintay ang thread na ito sa atin (http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=2207), mungkahi ko po na mabigyan atensiyon natin ito sapagkat malaking tulong ang magagawa nito bilang mga onliners. Salamat! Kapayapaan!
"Umawit, Magpuri at Magbahagi" - Kuya G.
michaela
Bonafide Boardmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya G. View Post
Sa ating kapatid na si michaela, maraming salamat din sa iyong mga tinuran. Hinihiling po lamang na sana ay atin pang dagdagan ang pang-unawa natin sa kakulangan ng ating mga kapwa baguhang kasapi dito sa board. Kung tayo'y tutulong gawin na lamang po natin upang sa gayon ay mas maging maayos ang takbo ng board!
How nice! Youíre sharing your values education to us!

I have to comment a bit on what you said about me, I suppose the biggest mistake people could ever make is the denial of a mistake and doing personal attacked all the times instead of sticking to the issue and when they know theyíre wrong, and an insistence in remaining where they are. This is a proof of case of nobodyís perfect. We all make mistakes every day! Itís just that prolonged mistakes like the words we choose whenever we post online.

I donít even understand all the irritation about my first post on this thread. I mean, youíd find it super offensive because of my first post on this thread is pretty straightforward with the choice of words and sometimes I tend to go overboard tooÖ But the thing is I donít see anything wrong about it. When will some people here learn how to adapt to opinions of others? IMO, some people here are the worst when it comes to accepting opinions of others.

Lastly, Iím sure that most of the members here arenít narrow-minded which they could accept the opinions of others without doing personal -attacked

P.s. This is my last comment on this issue. If you want to post anything about what I've said go ahead you're free. I won't make any patol to anyone. Regarding about the outreach, you can asks the administrators of the board to make it sticky thread on the general discusssion para madali mapansin at mabasa

God Bless us all
Bonnie
Board Elder

Quote:
sana sa susunod e hinay hinay lang ng pagsasalita, kung baga, bigayan, wala namang masama diba, dahil ikaw e mas nakakaintindi e ikaw na lang ang umintindi. Pero alam ko lipas lang to, sana yong mga words na hindi sinasadyang na ipost at mali ang dating satin, e magandang i confront mo muna yong tao, nandyan ang pm, i pm mo, ng sa gayon e personally aware yong tao at ma itama nya, para maiwasan ang ganitong usapan. Lalo na kung wala namang masamang intention yong tao to harm anybody... Humahaba lang kasi ang usapan pag nagbabangayan ang bawat isa. Humility in the end patch our differences in opinion. We are here to help not to harm anybody, both in words or in other way.
Salamat for reminding me Anya...
___________ "SONG OF MARY" ____________
Sing my Soul....
the greatness of the Lord...

Last edited by Bonnie; 07.11.15 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: Para sa natitiran urbanidad...