Technology Software, hardware, products, appliances, etc.
(1/14):  1  2  3  11   Last »
adonis_cs
Bonafide Boardmember

How To Make Midi, Posted 08.03.06 #1
hi to all onliners...paano po ba gumawa ng midi?anong software ang gagamitin?or what are the steps?thanks
I will sing forever to the Lord...
titopao
Board Elder

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #2
Depende sa gusto mong mangyari...ang gusto mo ba ay yung tipong makakapag-layout ka na rin ng music scores (tulad ng Finale at Sibelius), or yung purely MIDI lang ang gusto mong gawin w/o regard to the score layout (tulad ng sa Cakewalk)? Either way, these types of software can save MIDI files, nagkakaiba lang sa method ng pag-input ng notes sa MIDI (e.g. Finale is more oriented towards performing musicians who read sheet music, while Cakewalk is best used by MIDI enthusiasts and MIDI "hackers" who do not necessarily know how to read notes but can play MIDI keyboards and probably even custom-program MIDI instruments and MIDI files).

Kung may pagkiling ka sa pagpo-program, pwede kang gumamit ng Lilypond. Ang paggawa ng MIDI nito ay mano-manong tina-type pa (and nakakasira ng ulo yung syntax---nakakahiya mang sabihin, pero hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin nama-master ang syntax ng Lilypond, hanggang basic tutorial lang ako )...but the output of the score is professional quality, plus pwede ka ring makapag-produce ng matinong MIDI. Best of all, Lilypond is free/libre, open souce software (and cross-platform, runs even on Linux/*BSD systems), so pwede mo syang "piratahin" nang di ka madedemanda (Meron syang GUI for Windows [Denemo] pero di ganong kaganda pa. If you're using Linux, you can use other front-ends such as Rosegarden.)
We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

DISSENT IS LIBERATION; NO DEMOCRACY WITHOUT DISSENT
CRITICISM IS DISCOURSE, DIALECTIC AND EDUCATION
3650guy

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #3
basically you need MIDI keyboard and a hardware or software sequencer or a keyboard workstation (keyboard with built in sequencer and floppy/smartmedia slot.

you individually record the parts of a song/ arrangement/orchestral score and then it will recorded by a the "sequencer", the resulting saved file is now called a "standard midi file" SMF or what is commonly called a "midi". but most software for sequencing will have their own format which offers a lot of advantages but can still be converted to a standard midi file for compatibiliy with other sequencers, MIDI file players.
titopao
Board Elder

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3650guy View Post
basically you need MIDI keyboard and a hardware or software sequencer or a keyboard workstation (keyboard with built in sequencer and floppy/smartmedia slot.

you individually record the parts of a song/ arrangement/orchestral score and then it will recorded by a the "sequencer", the resulting saved file is now called a "standard midi file" SMF or what is commonly called a "midi". but most software for sequencing will have their own format which offers a lot of advantages but can still be converted to a standard midi file for compatibiliy with other sequencers, MIDI file players.
It may also help to check the exact file formats that a keyboard/synthesizer can save. One of those formats should be Standard MIDI Files (SMF/ .mid )...well, lahat naman meron dapat nyan but you might want to check just to be sure. Kasi some manufacturers also save using their own proprietary formats (e.g. Yamaha, Korg); so the next thing you might want to know is how to convert these proprietary formats into SMF as much as possible
We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

kumintang
Board Elder

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by titopao View Post
"Cakewalk is best used by MIDI enthusiasts and MIDI "hackers" who do not necessarily know how to read notes but can play MIDI keyboards and probably even custom-program MIDI instruments and MIDI files).
I agree with Titopao. For me Cakewalk is the "best" MIDI sequencer for a MIDI enthusiast (or amateur) like me (teka "hacker" din ba tawag sa mga tulad naming di marunong tumugtog sa keyboard at palpak magbasa ng music notes? ).

Attached is a MIDI sequence of "Broken Vow" which I created in 2003 (noong panahon ng kasikatan ng F4 Meteor Garden telenovela) using Cakewalk. This MIDI sequence sounds best using Microsoft WavTable Synth as the default Media Music Playback Device.
Last edited by kumintang; 09.02.15 at 03:12 PM..
titopao
Board Elder

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumintang View Post
(teka "hacker" din ba tawag sa mga tulad naming di marunong tumugtog sa keyboard at palpak magbasa ng music notes? ).
Alam kong mejo OT to, pero kelangan ko nang pangunahan yung ibang tao, computer science major kasi ako

Para klaro, I'm not talking of "hackers" as people who break into computers or steal information over the Internet. I'm talking of a culture in computer science circles that is made up of people who are not afraid to learn new things and sometimes have to break them (i.e. sirain/gibain) just to learn how it works, of people who are not afraid to learn new things (including music). You can read more about what I mean from this page).

(And don't even ask me, for example, how to steal other people's passwords in the Internet. I'll make sure the NBI or FBI will be after your heelsif you really make good on something like that )

3650guy

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #7
Cakewalk Pro audio 9 used to be one of the better music production suites available on the MS Windows platform. there is also Cubase, Reason even Protools that offer an alternative graphic user interface. but still Cakewalk Pro audio is easy to use. Sonar 2 and now version 7 are the successors to cakewalk and are more highly complicated and more with an emphasis on audio editing, mastering and production work.

Cakewalk can both do MIDI and Audio, with support for loading Mpeg video format for soundtrack editing. you can also load wavefiles and manipulate them to sync with MIDI tracks. (advanced features). and also very basic notation output. thus you can't compare Cakewalk with other Notation software.

midi keyboards need to be connected via a MIDI interface (serial port, USB, or gameport) to a PC if you want to use a computer. for a keyboard workstation all you need is skill, read the manual and play...
kumintang
Board Elder

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by titopao View Post
"I'm not talking of "hackers" as people who break into computers or steal information over the Internet. I'm talking of a culture in computer science circles that is made up of people who are not afraid to learn new things and sometimes have to break them (i.e. sirain/gibain) just to learn how it works, of people who are not afraid to learn new things (including music). You can read more about what I mean from this page).

(And don't even ask me, for example, how to steal other people's passwords in the Internet. I'll make sure the NBI or FBI will be after your heelsif you really make good on something like that )
Thanx for the clarification Titopao about the new breed of "hackers". Kasama pala ako sa kanila. "Kumintang d Hacker" would be a nice alias I learned to arrange & sequence MIDI music just by self study (trial and error ika nga). Tanong ko lang paano ba ma "hack" yung password ng "Admin" sa isang PC? Di kasi makapag-download ng YM or Skype at Cakewalk sa Clinic PC eh...hehe..joke lang bro
adonis_cs
Bonafide Boardmember

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.06 #9
maraming salamat titopao,kumintang at 3650guy...susubukan ko...thanks..
kahit ba walang midi keyboard or looking a score, makakagawa tayo ng midi..
i wonder kasi paano nyo nagawa ang mga midi with orchestration pa..ang alam ko lang mp3 record ko lang isaisa ang mga instruments sa audacity then save as mp3..heheh
I will sing forever to the Lord...
titopao
Board Elder

Re: How to make midi, Posted 08.03.07 #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis_cs View Post
i wonder kasi paano nyo nagawa ang mga midi with orchestration pa..ang alam ko lang mp3 record ko lang isaisa ang mga instruments sa audacity then save as mp3..heheh
Exactly just that. Pwede kang mag-multitracking sa MIDI...except that, instead na tinutugtog at nirerecord mo yung instruments, ini-input mo yung bawat nota nila

Reply « Previous Thread - Technology - Next Thread »
(1/14):  1  2  3  11   Last »