General Discussions
Here you can talk about anything under the sun.
(1/83):  1  2  3  11  51   Last »
Pauloboy96

NEWBIES Question, Posted 03.03.09 #1
[glow=red,2,300]Tanong galing sa CDOC[/glow]

Maayong Hapon!

May nakuha kaming catalogue galing sa JesCom here in XU. I'm interested of buying some songbooks. (Tinapay ng Buhay and Hangad a capella). The 1 M Question:Paano ?

Nag-organize kami dito sa XU ng SongWriting Festival ("TingogMaya"). It was a success. The 1M Question: Can we sing some songs for the Masses?

Salamat!

Paulo

nargalzius
Webmeister

Re:Tanong Lang po, Posted 03.03.09 #2
Quote:
May nakuha kaming catalogue galing sa JesCom here in XU. I'm interested of buying some songbooks. (Tinapay ng Buhay and Hangad a capella). The 1 M Question:Paano ?
Nag-organize kami dito sa XU ng SongWriting Festival ("TingogMaya"). It was a success. The 1M Question: Can we sing some songs for the Masses?
For the first question, aside from what's already posted in the website (in the album section and main page about merchandise availability) I really don't know any other "means," maybe another member could answer this. Ali? Norman?

For the second, just to clarify: your asking if you could sing BP songs in the mass you're planning? If so, the answer is (of course) YES. The essence BPs as a ministry (or any ministry for that matter) is to spread ANYTHING that has to do with God through ANY way possible. It so happens that ours mainly focuses on music and we would be honored if our songs are used in any religious activity. Especially the Catholic Mass. In fact the most recent album out, Tinapay ng Buhay, was recorded precisely for that purpose.

So feel free to use the songs [especially] in TNB for the masses your planning for that festival of yours.
Pauloboy96

Re:Tanong Lang po, Posted 03.03.09 #3
Thanks sa answers.

Isa pa pong tanong....

How do you recruit members? Do you have auditions? Or you just invite close friends? Or Open to all?

Syempre, Ignatian Spirituality ang Spirituality ng group... How many times do you go to Retreats as a community?

From Cagayan de Oro City, Mindanao: Paulo
DiViDe^

NEWBIES Question, Posted 03.03.21 #4
hi! i'm glen...

i guess i don't have to tell you i'm a newbie...
i've heard a lot about bukas palad... it's quite nice...
i want to teach some new songs to the childrens choir which i'm handling for the past 1 month... i love music... specially this kind of music...

i would like to request some sheet music for the mass if you have one... thanks a lot!...

hope you understand me...
Palan Reyes
BP Member

Re:a newbie question..., Posted 03.03.21 #5
Hello Glen!

There are several song books available at the Jesuit Music Ministry inside the Ateneo de Manila which can help you enrich your liturgy. For instance, you can choose among the songbooks which contain the mass songs of Fr. Hontiveros, Himig Hesuita 2 song book, Best of Bukas Palad song book, Tinapay ng Buhay song book volume 1 etc.

For children's choir, you may wish to start with singing selected songs in unison. Only when you feel secure about their musicality that you can embark on singing in many voices.
Derek
BP Member

Re:Tanong Lang po, Posted 03.03.24 #6
Hello,

For your question about member recruitment please refer to the thread "Paano Ba Maging Member ng Bukas Palad?" in the "Ask Bukas Palad" forum.

As for retreat and collections, we usually have a recollection every year facilitated bt Fr. Manoling (when he is available). As much as possible we try to have venues to enrich our spiritual life despite our busy schedule. We also have a Spiritual Commitee, that takes care of these matters.

God Bless
Jason

leesiu

Question, Posted 03.04.11 #7
I'm trying to locate Pia Reyes. Does she have an email address? I'm a friend (long lost) residing now in Chicago. Edwin
SaTrIaNi

Re:question, Posted 03.06.30 #8
Mayroon pa po bang available na BP old albums?
Saan po kaya maaaring mabili iyon?
bajo
Board Elder

question, Posted 03.06.30 #9
Hi SaTrIaNi,

Yung mga old BP albums ay mabibili sa JMM SA Ateneo. kumpleto dun ng tapes, cds at songbuks.
SaTrIaNi

question, Posted 03.06.30 #10
Salamat po kuya bibili na lang po ako doon sa JMM
Reply « Previous Thread - General Discussions - Next Thread »
(1/83):  1  2  3  11  51   Last »
Tags
church choir, coro de manila, mass, mikee05, ora pro nobis, pieces, sancta dei genitrix