General Discussions
Here you can talk about anything under the sun.
(1/7):  1  2  3   Last »
hashpipe
Super Moderator

American Idol 4, Posted 04.03.23 #1
Okay...who watches this show? I know Tonet and the other BP members do.

My bets so far in the current top 8 (in no particular order).
1) Fantasia - very refreshing sound. I like her even more than Macy Gray. Great performer.
2) Diana - very good voice for a 16 year old
3)Camile - not the best technically but carries a great style. She makes the song her own. She needs to loosen up a bit though.
4) Jasmine - technically good. I'm kinda used to the voice though.
5) Latoya - same as Jasmine. Needs to change her image. She looks old.
6) John Stevens - a break from those Whitney wannabes.

Obviously, I don't like the ff people:
1) Matt - mediocre. I hate his "rough" personality.
2) Amy - boring. Her "bubbliness" and pink hair don't do a thing for me.
icar-BP93
BP Member

Re:American Idol 3, Posted 04.03.28 #2
I finally got to watch the episode where Jasmine sang after hearing all the rave reviews from other people on how good she was. Siguro I was expecting na too much kasi when I heard her sing, I thought she was pretty good. Kaya lang I found her as good as the average magaling singer in Manila, if you get what I mean... yung tipong Sarah Geronimo type of talent. But I hope she makes it into the top 3 para may Pinay!
hashpipe
Super Moderator

American Idol 3, Posted 04.03.29 #3
Her Group 4 performance wasn't that great. You can hear some flats. However, her performance in the results show was perfect! She nailed that Whitney song. I don't know if you guys noticed that. Randy and Paula even gave her a standing O.
Papa Bear

American Idol 3, Posted 04.03.29 #4
Uy! May followers pala dito ng American Idol 3... okey a! Big thing dito sa Australia yan... may Australian Idol nga rin e.

My bets are quite different to Hashpipe's. I personally like the following:

George Huff - great voice, great personality, could use and image makeover but definitely this guy can go the distance. If a guy wins, gusto siya ang manalo.

Jasmine Trias - of course Pinoys rule! Her performance sa Country genre wasn't as powerful, pero nonetheless she's a strong contender. Compared to Camille, she has more confidence and better stage presence.

Latoya London - very soulful voice and adds her own style to the songs she sings. I prefer her over Fantasia kasi Fantasia sounds too much like Macy Gray.

Diana Degarmo - another great voice and strong stage presence. I find her and Jasmine neck-and-neck. Magkakatalo na lang siguro sa song selection.

All the rest are okay, but not idol material I feel. Buti na lang natanggal na si

OOOPS! I just realized after reading the posts here na BEHIND ata pala kayo sa episodes, hehehe. Here in Australia we're pretty much up-to-date... nasa FINALS na kami and 10 na lang out of 12 ang natitira. (I can give spoilers if you guys want, hehehe).

Moderator's note: You can view the spoiler portion by highlighting it (click and drag in-between the spoiler tags).
hashpipe
Super Moderator

American Idol 3, Posted 04.03.29 #5
We are two weeks behind here but I am updated (I download videos and mp3s). Ingat lang po sa info kase baka ayaw ma-spoil ng iba. Unfair naman po sa kanila. Anyway, I edited it in such a way na pwede nila malaman kung gusto lang nila.

George Huff is ok but his husky, rough sound is kinda getting old for me.

Fantasia sounds even better than Macy Gray, IMO. It's funny because you cannot say that she sounds original...but still, you don't get to hear that kind of voice often. Silang dalawa nga lang kilala ko na ganoon ang style. LaToya, however, is soooo WHITNEY. Halos lahat ng sumasali sa mga singing competition eh ginagaya siya. Nakakasawa na. That's the reason why I find her boring and unoriginal. She is a consistent singer though.

Jasmine...in my opinion, is kinda, err, fake. You know that teen star attitude na pa-sweet effect? Parang ganun.

By the way, I love Australian Idol Guy Sebastian's version of What A Wonderful World. I think he's a pretty good singer...may pagka-ngongo nga lang. Hehe.
Papa Bear

American Idol 3, Posted 04.04.01 #6
No problem brother Hashpipe. I'll be careful not to spoil things for the rest... not unless gusto nila, hehehe.

So fan ka rin pala ni Guy Sebastian eh? He's pretty good actually, although my mom thinks he sounds like a higher pitched Ariel Rivera. Have you heard his top-40 single: "All I Need is You"? Pretty cool and they just released a version that samples the bassline of "Best of My Love" by the Emotions. I think he's due to release his 2nd album soon.

Also, sumikat din ba dyan si ever-so-sincere idol reject William Hung? Grabe sobrang funny yet nakakahanga siya. Taas-kamay ako sa attitude niya talaga. Who says you need to win American Idol to become a superstar o diba? For those not familiar with him, check out his website for streaming audio and video of his audition and other performances here:

http://www.williamhung.net/
hashpipe
Super Moderator

American Idol 3, Posted 04.04.02 #7
I haven't heard anything from Guy Sebastian except for "What A Wonderful World." I will try to look it up, thanks.

William Hung is sikat, I guess. Well, for the fans of the show lang siguro...pero na TV Patrol siya and his performance sa UCLA ata 'yun. He is so adorable and endearing pero I don't like the fact that someone offered him a singing contract. Obviously, gusto lang siyang perahan. Parang ang mean rin ng dating because alam naman natin na pagtatawanan lang naman ng mga tao ang pagkanta niya. And to get something (money) from that? Ang sama.
hashpipe
Super Moderator

American Idol 3, Posted 04.04.06 #8
I just heard Guy Sebastian's Angels Brought Me Here. Kinda good.
Alexander
Super Moderator

American Idol 3, Posted 04.04.06 #9
Di ako makarelate ....hahahaha...wala kse kaming cable e.....
shwing

Re:American Idol 3, Posted 04.04.08 #10

*Highlight the portion in between the spoiler tags if you want to read it. Sundan natin na coverage eh yung sa Star World...delayed kase 'yun ng 2 weeks.