Choirs and the Church About Choirs, singing for the Church, and other religious stuff
(1/3):  1  2  3  
Jon2
Super Moderator

Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 04.03.26 #1
Nainspire lang ako last sunday mass sa greenbelt chapel.

The priest said something about the gospel- The Prodigal Son...

Our level of understanding shoudn't be compared to God's.... his LOVE for us s infinite. Tayo pag me kagalit we say the worst of things, but with Him, accepts us with open arms.

Then the priest sang " I will be here..." (tama ba Gian?) then all sang with him...ang galing...although medyo old na style na ito, it's still enlightening when singing together a song na nakakarelate ka...

Then after homily, what really touched me was the singing of "Ama Namin" part... never have I sung this song na parang naiiyak ako...sounds mushy but it's true....

Pretty funny since this kind of experience should have been felt often pero kakaiba....I admit that during mass e minsan di ako focused an sometimes e ala pa sa loob ko magsimba...heheheh...

I think I need more spiritual guidance....

This is His way of showing how good it is to be with Him.....
hashpipe
Super Moderator

Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 04.03.27 #2
Amazing Grace yung kanta, Jon2. Haha!
anya

Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 04.11.22 #3
Yesterday celebrated the liturgical year,the solemnity of christ the king expresses our faith in the universal lordship of jesus christ and our longing for full realization of God's kingdom of justice and peace. Our faith in christ the king challenges us to evaluate our attitudes to power and authority. But we cannot feel the impact of this challenge unless we understand the meaning of christ's kingship.
vannie

Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 04.12.06 #4
Tama ka ate Anya. Since this year is Liturgical year, we have to restore our faith in our church. Tayong mga nag se serve kay Lord ay may malaking responsibility especially sa Liturgical celebration. I love LIturgical celebration. I cherish every part of it, lalo na yung consecration.
Jon2
Super Moderator

at iba pang experiences din, Posted 05.02.10 #5
it happened again...this time singing the songs: Huwag Kang Mangamba and Kordero ng Diyos (francisco)

di nga lang sunday mass ito. kahapon lang: ash wednesday

hiya nga ako dahil medyo bumirit ako sa songs na ito... 3 of us were singing the suddenly I felt such emotion that I can't explain... I was singing the melody part while the remaining 2 did the voicings. kundi lang nakakahiya e baka napaluha ako... heheheh...

place maybe coz' it's sacred

pressure maybe dahil andun me ari ng chapel, pinaka-strict na pari sa gbelt, my officemates, friends and people whom i don't know.

stress maybe dahil puyat from work at 3 straight services that day kaya sabi ng katawan ko to give it all out.

subconsciousness maybe dahil it's for Him...

hashpipe
Super Moderator

Re:Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 05.02.10 #6
Hehe...si Christian Bautista at Erik Santos kumanta sa Kordero ng Diyos at Huwag Kang Mangamba! Hehe...
raphael
Regular

Re:Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 05.02.14 #7
maganda yan jon2. atleast you feel something about the song. kaysa naman ala kng mafeel. Holy spirit yan!
mike1314

Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 05.04.10 #8
Nag-choir kami kaninang 5:30am Mass singing Lead Me Lord sa communion at Prayer of St. Francis sa recessional, mabuti nakapag-vocalise pa kami before nag-start ang Mass dahil matataas ang pitch ng mga kantang ito.. Masaya kami dahil nagandahan sila sa pagkanta namin. Deo gratias!
Alexander
Super Moderator

Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 05.04.12 #9
Quote:
Nag-choir kami kaninang 5:30am Mass singing Lead Me Lord sa communion at Prayer of St. Francis sa recessional, mabuti nakapag-vocalise pa kami before nag-start ang Mass dahil matataas ang pitch ng mga kantang ito..
Buti allowed sa inyo kantahin ang LEAD ME LORD sa Liturgy, sa aming Diocese me specific na BAN sa mga commercially recorded songs kahit na "sacred" ang contents pero if the purpose is for RADIO and Commercial consumption, di allowed to be sang in LITURGY.

Ang tataas ng ng kanta nyo Eh di nakanganga na lahat yung nakikinig (hehehe)

Quote:
.. Masaya kami dahil nagandahan sila sa pagkanta namin. Deo gratias!
Advice lang, sana the feeling is more inwards than outwards...
Thanking God because the people liked your song is self edifying... dapat its more of thanking God for giving your group the talents and the oppurtunity of having served HIM
hashpipe
Super Moderator

Re:Sunday Mass Experience, Posted 05.04.12 #10
Oo nga, buti at medyo maluwag diyan sa inyo, mike1314. Nagkaroon sa amin ng incident na yung isang magaling na choir eh nag-all acappella lineup sa misa. Though super ganda ng songs at ng pagkanta nila (as in...ako nga sobrang natuwa eh), na-reprimand sila for the reason that it became more of a (concert-like) PERFORMANCE than LEADING the congregation to sing. Kaya ayun, ngayon eh toned-down na ang mga kanta nila at hindi na puro acappella.