BPOCC
Discussions specific to the Online Community Choir (BPOCC)
Closed Thread
(1/27):  1  2  3  11   Last »
Alexander
Super Moderator

BP Onliners / BPOCC...

I have a good news for you regarding this BAYAN UMAWIT Choir Convention....

Ewan ko lang kung tatanggi kayo dito.... interested ?
CLICK HERE

By the way, you'll be needing an ADOBE ACROBAT READER
herald
Board Elder

Re:THE CHOIR CONVENTION, Posted 05.04.25 #2
ako hindi tatanggi.. ngayon pa lang i work out ko na sked ko... he he he.... It 's an honor to be invited...
NikNoK
Board Elder

THE CHOIR CONVENTION, Posted 05.04.25 #3
that's so flattering! it would be an honor to be part of it.
it was good to see the name: "BP Online Community Choir" in a BP correspondence .... shall we then embrace it as the official name of the choir?

i wish i could join! i hope maraming makasama!

Thanks Kuya Alex for cascading the invitation to us.

God bless Us!
aRJedi
Bonafide Boardmember

Re:THE CHOIR CONVENTION, Posted 05.04.25 #4
Uy pede sumali?

Alexander: Kung uuwi ka...pwede...hahaha
Punzi
Bonafide Boardmember

THE CHOIR CONVENTION, Posted 05.04.26 #5
Nice one, pareng Arjay!

Grabe naman wala akong masabi. Kaso nahihiya ako may mga kaklase ako sa BP...Tsaka malapit nang bumigay ang flute ko...check my blog.

Pero kung pipilitin...

regards to all
larry
Regular

wow galing naman ng bpocc!!! palaki na ng palaki ang imbitasyon!! cge join din ako dyan!
hashpipe
Super Moderator

Since we don't want the current BPOCC issues on the BP Online Choir thread to be ignored, we decided to put up a new one for this special event. And being true to the name that we are, mostly, an ONLINE choir, organization and planning of our performance for the said event will be discussed here (hehe). With that said, let's get into it.

Upon discussing the matter last night with Alex and Jon2, it was suggested that there should be a SCREENING/AUDITION on who gets to join this event. ALL OF US will have to undergo this process. Here are the reasons why the screening should be done:

a) Performance, NOT service. Quality should be given attention. We'll be singing in front of 500 people who are passionate about liturgical chorale music, including the BP members themselves.

b) Since the men greatly outnumber the women in our group, we should, at least, balance it out.

c) There are potentially more than 50 onliners who could show their intent to join. 50 is just a bit too many.

d) Re-evaluation of voice. The right voice group (SATB) for each member should be determined.

There will be a qualified neutral (third party) person that will conduct the technical aspect of the screening process.

This is open to all onliners. If you feel like inviting other people you know who might be interested, please do.

We hope that you consider this suggestion. We see this event as an opportunity to finally ORGANIZE and ESTABLISH the group into an EFFECTIVE one. Thank you.
Punzi
Bonafide Boardmember

With all due respect...

These guidelines will capture the BPOCC in an artificial light. It will not catch us for what we truly are. We are a choir with friendships that formed online. I think this may be one of the things that the choir convention organizers have seen in us. And that is why we will be featured. That it was possible, even through the internet to be friends and even form a "great" choir.

I personally do not care if we do well or we bomb. I think showing ourselves for what we truly are is just being true to the "online" in our name. That is more important to me than a perfect performance.

I say let everyone who wants to join do so. That is our true essense. That is what we are. And I know the Lord has not failed us yet. And you know that, too.

With these guidelines, we will just be like one of those choirs out there. Before we became a choir, we were online friends.

So I'm sorry to disagree. But of course, it's still your decision.

regards to all
hashpipe
Super Moderator

Point taken, Punzi. The process seems a bit elitist. Though we discussed that point that you just made last night, we hit a wall as to the quality of our sound becomes an issue. But like you said, quality ain't as heavy as the group's friendship (and it's a valid point). We're just viewing things differently.

Though we just want to point out that we don't think this would ruin friendships. Nothing should change if you understand the whole intent of the process. The bond should still be there. No one is cutting anyone to the group for a lifetime.

Also, we thought that it would be disrespectful on our part if we don't put up a decent performance, hence, quality was given importance. So I do hope that you would, at least, care about it.

Maybe we were just disappointed last night as to the group's current "lifeline." But yes, the whole thing is not yet final.

I have to edit out my last post and change the "decision" to "suggestion." Feel free to post your comments about this.

EDITED TO ADD:

I just thought of an alternative. I say, scrap the whole screening process and just be STRICT with regards to commiting into this event. If you say you're IN, you should be responsible enough to attend the practices. Even though we're all friends and our group was made just for the "heck" of it, we should try to put some level of professionalism into it as the services and the invitations we are getting are not petty matters.

The whole screening process was thought to straighten out the problems BPOCC is currently encountering. I'm now thinking that it might not be as successful as we thought it would.

In behalf of the three tenors, este...the three senior citizens of the group, I apologize for the rather brash idea that we concocted last night.

Alex? Jon2? Everybody else?

I think first, we have to know who are willing to join this event. Please show your interest. Try not to be UNCERTAIN (pretty please?)

I'm IN!!! (Heller Tinatanong pa ba 'to? Hahaha!)
Punzi
Bonafide Boardmember

From one "suggestion" to another...

I suggest that we contact the project head to seek clarification regarding this issue. I'm sure they will be more than happy to enlighten or assist us on what our direction on this should be.

regards ulit
Closed Thread « Previous Thread - BPOCC - Next Thread »
(1/27):  1  2  3  11   Last »