Liturgical Song Discussion Section dedicated to the discussion of the proper use of what we consider as "liturgical songs"
(1/3):  1  2  3  
winan

Tubig ng Buhay, Posted 05.09.20 #1
hi,
im from cagayan de oro
just wanna ask if we can sing tubig ng buhay even we are not yet in the lenten season.
actually we have been that song for a month already and plan to sing it on the offertory part of the mass...but when we asked someone who is also handling a choir,basically an older choirmaster about the song,if we can sing it or not..his answer was that the song is really made for the lenten season especially during the sabado de gloria...thus we didnt continue to master the song since we respect that person in terms of liturgical matters of the church,specifically to the proper songs to be sung for an appropriate seasons of the church.
please advice us
thanks
Alexander
Super Moderator

tubig ng buhay, Posted 05.09.21 #2
I think TUBIG NG BUHAY is more appropriate for Communion or POst Communion reflection kapag ang GOSPEL is about the "TUBIG NG BUHAY" kahit hindi LENT...

Pero di yata yun offertory song as far as the lyrics are concerned.
gem_san

Posted 07.12.05 #3
Hi Winan.

i recently bought tinapay ng buhay cd of bukas palad.

It says here that the Tubig ng Buhay, "is specifically written for the blessing of fire and water during the Easter Vigil liturgy. However, it may be also be sung during blessings, baptisms and confirmations. IN the mass, it may be sung for the Presentation of Gifts, for Communion, or for meditation after communion".

Naka line-up 'to sa akin for Offertory sa Sunday.
Somebody, who is also a member of another choir, recommended this to me.

Good luck!

hay naku mali...sori winan...tagal na pala nito. kala ko recently lang e
Last edited by Alexander; 07.12.06 at 04:43 AM..
titopao
Board Elder

Re: tubig ng buhay, Posted 07.12.06 #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_san View Post
Hi Winan.

i recently bought tinapay ng buhay cd of bukas palad.

It says here that the Tubig ng Buhay, "is specifically written for the blessing of fire and water during the Easter Vigil liturgy. However, it may be also be sung during blessings, baptisms and confirmations. IN the mass, it may be sung for the Presentation of Gifts, for Communion, or for meditation after communion".

Naka line-up 'to sa akin for Offertory sa Sunday.
Somebody, who is also a member of another choir, recommended this to me.

Good luck!

hay naku mali...sori winan...tagal na pala nito. kala ko recently lang e

Hi! Actually, in the original pre-Vatican II liturgy of the mass, there is a prayer said by the priest before the mass that's named Vidi aquam---or, when translated, means "I saw water" or "Nakita ko ang tubig". I believe that "Tubig ng Buhay" was derived from or is influenced by this prayer (there is a similar Tagalog song named "Nakita ko ang tubig"), which replaces the other pre-mass prayer named Asperges ("You shall wash me..."). Vidi aquam is said only during Eastertide, but personally I don't think that "Tubig ng Buhay" is exclusive only to Eastertide, so I think you can go ahead and sing it during communion (at appropriate times, of course)

Here's a copy of the Tridentine mass---note that vidi aquam is right at the start, just after asperges (as an alternate):
http://www.fisheaters.com/TLMinstructions.html
We have little to no culture of healthy polemics in the country, as any attempt to consider fault is taken as a personal attack. Rare are those that are able to deal with it properly. --- Alex Tioseco (1981-2009), critic

DISSENT IS LIBERATION; NO DEMOCRACY WITHOUT DISSENT
CRITICISM IS DISCOURSE, DIALECTIC AND EDUCATION
dhail reimantz
Regular

Re: tubig ng buhay, Posted 08.01.09 #5
Balak kantahin ng aming group ito this sunday for the feast of the Lord's Baptism. Sana lang makakuha na kami ng midi niya before sunday.
Sugarhigh
Regular

Re: Tubig ng Buhay, Posted 08.03.12 #6
Hi winan,

Our choir is using Tubig ng Buhay this coming Palm Sunday as an entrance song - this was recommended to us by our priest, who sings with Himig Heswita. Am not sure if that might be a viable option for you instead of an offertory.
vinz_tabs
Regular

Re: Tubig ng Buhay, Posted 09.01.03 #7
Nakabili na ko nung songbook nito pati cd.

i like to partner this with tinapay ng buhay for communion, and tubig ng buhay for offertory.

Pwede ba yun?
happrine29

Re: Tinapay Ng Buhay, Posted 09.10.17 #8
i'm a new member..pls pahingi nmn po ng guitar chords ng tubig ng buhay song..maraming slamt po!
Alexander
Super Moderator

Re: Tubig ng Buhay, Posted 09.10.19 #9
happrine29,

Welcome to the BP Online Community. Newbies accounts have lots of limitation and because we have a promotion system here, you're unable to request or view the request forums.

Once you become regular you'll be able to see it.

For future reference, if you do become regular, you can find the chords of Tubig ng buhay here

http://www.bukaspalad.com/board/showthread.php?t=70

Please read our rules and regulations (link in my signature) for guidance.

Cheers!
I am not who you think I am because I do not pretend to be somebody.
Do not assume that I know everything because I am a nobody - Alexander
Emerald
Board Elder

Re: Tubig ng Buhay, Posted 09.12.18 #10
ganda po nito! nakakarelieve ng problema po!
(1/3):  1  2  3