NB: Hindi ako marunong mag-edit ng Thread Title. Kung sinumang marunong mag-edit ng Thread Title: Paki-edit. It should be
Songs for Easter Vigil
Paki-delete yung Evening of Black Sat.
SONG LINE UP SUGGESTIONS
Apr 23, 2011 (Easter Vigil or Magdamagang Pagdiriwang ng Pasko ng Muling Pagkabuhay)
Liturgical color: White
I. SERVICE OF LIGHT
Salamat po, Poong banal, sa ilaw na Iyong bigay, upang kami ay tanglawan. Si Jesu-Kristo’y nabuhay; Siya’y ating kaliwanagan. (3x)
[Magalak kayong lahat sa sa kalangitan; kayong mga anghel ay mangag-awitan. Magalak kayong lahat na mapapapalad na nilikha ng nakapaligid sa luklukang dakila.
Magalak nang lubos ang buong sambayanan; sa kal’walhaian lahat tayo’y magdiwang. Sa ningning ni Jesu-Kristong sumagip sa sansinukob, Siya’y muling nabuhay, tunay na Manunubos!
Magalak kayong lahat sa sa kalangitan; kayong mga anghel ay mangag-awitan. Magalak kayong lahat na mapapapalad na nilikha ng nakapaligid sa luklukang dakila.] (3x)
S’ya’y muling nabuhay; tunay na Manunubos!
1. Lumen Christi and Thanks be to God
3. One Little Candle
II. LITURGY OF THE WORD
R1: Genesis 1:1, 26-31 (or Gen 1:1-2:2) God creates man and gives him dominion over all other creatures.
RP1: 104 (English) “Lord, send out Your Spirit, and renew the face of the earth” or 33 (English) “The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord”
103 (Filipino) “Espiritu Mo’y suguin, Poon; tana’y Yong baguhin.”
R2: Genesis 22:1-18 God asks Abraham that the latter offer Him his beloved son Isaac. Abraham obeys, but just when he is about to sacrifice/kill Isaac, the angel of the Lord stops him. God thus promises Abraham many blessings because he did not deny Him his beloved.
RP2: (English) 16 “You are my inheritance, O Lord.”
(Filipino) 15 “Diyos ko, ang aking dalangi’y ako’y Iyong tangkilikin.”
R3: Exodus 14:15 – 15:1 This is about crossing the Red Sea. God parted the Red Sea so that Moses and the recently fleeing Israelites may cross, and then closed the sea so that the pursuing Egyptian soldiers may drown.
RP 3: (English) Exodus 15 “Let us sing to the Lord; He has covered Himself in glory.”
(Filipino) Exodus 15 “Poon ay ating awitan sa kinamtan N’yang tagumpay.”
R4: Isaiah 54:5-14 The double metaphors: Groom is to Bride, as God is to Jerusalem, as Jesus is to His Bride, the Church.
RP 4: (English) 30 “I will praise You, Lord, for You have rescued me.”
(Filipino) 29 “Poong sa aki’y nagligtas, ang dangal Mo’y aking galak.”
Please note that not all readings are required to be read. Tatlo lang pwede na. Exodus above, though, must be read.
Cguro for academic purposes na lang...
R5: Isaiah 55:1-11
RP 5: Isaiah 12 (English) You will draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation.”
R6: Bar 3:9-15, 32 – 4:4
RP 6: 19 (English) “Lord, You have the words of Everlasting Life.”
R7: Ezk 36:16-17, 18-26
RP 7: 42 (English) “Like a deer that longs for running streams, my soul longs for You, my God.”
Luwalhati/Papuri/Glory to God/Gloria: Sing your grandest version. Multiple voices, if you guys can do it. For added drama, turn on all the lights of the church just before this precise moment. Practice ahead with the sacristans on the proper ringing of the bells.
The Gloria is followed by the Epistle.
Epistle/Liham: Romans 6:3-11 We died with Him, and we arise with Him. Our sinful past is now gone because of Him. Through unity with Christ, salvation is now possible.
1. I do suggest you sing one without any trope, or
2. Mabuhay ang Poon (Hontiveros)
G: Matthew 28:1-10 Women approach the tomb and meet instead an angel who tells them that Jesus arose. They went away in holy fear, and quickly, to tell the apostles, but on their way, they meet Jesus, Who assures them not to be afraid, and instructs the women to tell the apostles to go to Galilee, where they will see Him.
III. LITURGY OF BAPTISM
Renewal of Baptismal Vows:
1. Isang Pananampalataya (Santos & Hontiveros)
2. Ito ang Araw (Aquino)
IV. LITURGY OF THE EUCHARIST
P of the G:
1. Kapuri-puri Ka (Que)
May I suggest you sing instead of "Kapuri-puri Ka, Diyos Amang lumikha ng lahat...",
“Kapuri-puri Ka, Diyos Muling Nabuhay ngayon. Sa Iyong kagandahang loob...”
2. Isang Pagkain, 1 katawan, 1 bayan (San Pedro)
1. Blessed be God
2. In my heart (Francisco) "I know my Savior lives" is the heart of Easter
1. Sa Krus Mo at Pagkabuhay (Francisco)
2. Si Kisto ay namatay. Acapella kaya; just make sure merong soprano para maganda.
3. Si Kristo’y namatay (Hontiveros)
1. Christ has died, alleluia! (Wise)
Filipino: Dakilang Amen (Francisco)
English: Doxology (Dufford)
Kordero/Lamb of God/Agnus Dei:
Filipino: If you follow the rules, any would do. That is to say two times ang have mercy on us, and ang last is grant us peace. (By the way, I know of a choir who sings the verse have mercy on us only once.)
May I suggest for
English: Lamb of God Litany (Schutte) Refrain, stanza 4, Refrain
Stanza 4: Praise to you, Risen Christ, clothe us in Your saving light. rather than the usual Stanza 1
1. Pag-ibig Mo, Ama (Macalinao & Hontiveros)
2. Pagsibol (Aquino)
3. Papuri (Arboleda, Salazar & Agatep)
4. Tubig ng Buhay (Valdellon)
5. Kahanga-hanga (Corpuz & Hontiveros) swak sa 1R
1. As water to the thirsty (Haas)
2. Far Greater Love (Go & Francisco)
3. Here in this Place (Haas)
4. In my heart (Francisco) if not used as offertory song
5. Without seeing you (Haas)
Salamat sa Diyos. Aleluya. Aleluya. Or Thanks be to God. Alleluia. Alleluia.
1. Humayo’t Ihayag (Francisco, Catalan & Go) very good choice
2. Ito ang Bagong Araw (Isidro & Ramirez)
3. Magsiawit sa Panginoon (Isidro & Que) very good choice
4. O Bayan ng Diyos (Aquino)
5. Magpasalamat kayo sa Panginoon (Ramirez)
1. I will sing forever (Francisco)
2. Let Heaven Rejoice (Dufford) Prioritize Stanza 3.
3. Life Forevermore (Ellerton & Francisco)
4. Sing to the Mountains (Dufford) “This is the day the Lord has made...”
FOR THE SALUBONG
Filipino: Reyna ng Langit (BP in Tinapay ng Buhay Album)
English: Queen of heaven rejoice (Hangad in the Easter Journey Album)