Choirs and the Church About Choirs, singing for the Church, and other religious stuff
(3/12):  1  2  3  4  5   Last »
JR Medina

Location: Immaculate Conception Parish-Vista Verde, Cainta, Rizal: Diocese of Antipolo
la lang...Umiral na naman ang pagkatitser ko.... lecture ba toh? minsan comparable ang board sa isang classroom... mwahhahaha... OT: Bakit kaya yung mga kabataan ngayon ibang-iba na? Just musing random thoughts, sori kung OT
Ms.Jonalyn
Regular

ver andvance po talaga kayo,may line na for the month of Sept..maraming salmat po napakalaking tulong po ito sa akin..kasi ako po ang gumagawa ng line up ng choir namin..kaya po laking pasalamat ko sa inyo..more power and more songs to come
Ms.Jonalyn
Regular

sa July 3,2011 line up maganda din po itong pang communion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMSfH...1658FB0589E68E

pwede na po ba akong magpost din dito ng mga links?tulad nito?

Offertory song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n9f6EKckt8
JR Medina

Location: Immaculate Conception Parish-Vista Verde, Cainta, Rizal: Diocese of Antipolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Jonalyn View Post
ver andvance po talaga
No worries; glad to have helped you po.

On July 3, 2011, as the Gospel is about "Come to Me all who are weary," very good choice po yung una nyong link, yung Halina lumapit sa Akin.

When choosing songs, you won't go wrong if you basically take into consideration these factors po. No liturgical song is bawal kung hindi naman siya:

a.

inappropriate to that particular part of the Mass. Thus, example, if the song gathers the people, okay na yon as entrance song. Halina't Lumapit sa Akin is a very good choice for entrance because the words "Lumapit sa Akin" gathers people. Alay by Marcelo is very good for presentation of the gifts/offertory because "Narito, Panginoon aming taglay" implores God to accept the gifts we bring Him.

b.

inappropriate sa liturgical season. Thus, pag-aralan ang lyrics and tempo kung pang-Lent, Easter, o ano ba siya. Behold the wood is not exactly okay when we celebrate Easter.

c.

discourages the participation of the congregation. You can go around this consideration through creative solutions: powerpoint, lyrics sheets or songbooks for the crowd, sing the song maybe around thrice a few minutes before the Mass starts so they'll hear it and somehow be somewhat familiar with the tune, etc.

Nagiging bonus na lang yung other considerations; the considerations above are mandatory (required to be followed). Considerations below, well, you can choose to follow or not, pero sana pag-isipan din nang mabuti.... I strongly recommend considering these too.

a.

swak sa readings. In the 1st Reading, Responsorial Psalm, 2nd Reading kung meron, and especially sa Gospel po, look for words, phrases, clauses, sentences that would be either actually repeated in the lyrics of the song, or at the very least ideas and notions that are somehow brought up or alluded to.

b.

swak sa occasion na sinecelebrate. Example: Purihi't pasalamatan is ideal for Trinity Sunday. Marcelo's Alay is very good sa Solemnity of Corpus Christi because of the lyric line "Ang bunga ng Pag-ibig Mo DUGO AT KATAWAN." Sanlibong buhay is swak sa Feast of Saint Lorenzo Ruiz. Pari Magpakailanman para sa August 4.

Why are these two additional considerations important? Because all other things being equal, the message is more memorable if it is more often repeated. If on June 26, 2011, your entrance song, offertory song, communion song and recessional song each and all have some notion that is related to the Body of Christ, then people who go home afterwards are more aware that on that occasion, they had observed Corpus Christi... more aware than others who sticked only to what is required. It's good to do a little more than the minimum. By doing so you're sort of an asset ni Kristo at ng Kanyang simbahan.

kudos, Ms. Jonalyn, am glad you're getting the hang of it; your task is ganda princess points yan kay JC.

Happy song line-upping, everyone especially kila smooth and msselda! (If there were such a word as song line-upping...)

I also encourage everyone to try studying these procedures, para lahat tayo marunong on how to go about this quite well. I finally did this, dquiambao hehehe. Kala ko hindi ko maoorganize ang thoughts ko about this.

PS Nyikes, ang aking tinype ay dapat sa ibang thread, yung paano ba pipiliin ang mga aawitin sa Banal na Misa... palipat na lang if ever. thanks
Last edited by JR Medina; 11.06.22 at 03:57 PM..
d0d0fer
Bonafide Boardmember

Re: Lineup Every Sunday, Posted 11.06.22 #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Medina View Post
SONG LINE UP SUGGESTIONS

July 10, 2011
15th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)
Liturgical color: Green

Readings:

1R: Isaiah 55:10-11 is about the Word of God. The Word of God (God the Son simply put) shall not immediately return to God the Father’s mouth, but will do His Will until the Word achieves the end for which the Father sent the Word.

RP: 65 The seed that falls on good ground will yield a fruitful harvest.

2R: I consider that the sufferings of this present time are nothing compared to the glory to be revealed to us the faithful. We wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

G: Matthew 13:1-9 is about the Parable of the Sower.
a. Some seeds fell on the path.
b. Some seeds fell on rocky ground
c. Some seeds fell on thorns
d. Some seeds fell on rich soil.

Filipino Mass:

Options:

E:
1. Awit ng Pasasalamat (Hontiveros)
2. Buklod ng Pag-ibig (Pangilinan & Hontiveros) Stanza 3 ang priority; swak sa 2R
3. Dinggin Mo (Esteban & Hontiveros)
4. Halina at Lumapit (Habito) Stanza 2 ang priority

P of the G:
1. Banyuhay (Esteban)
2. Isang Pagkain, Isang Katawan, Isang Bayan (San Pedro) “katulad ng mga butil” best choice.
3. Kung ‘Yong Nanaisin. Lenten admittedly, pero swak sa 1R

C:
1. Ama Kong Mahal (Aquino)
2. Ang Mabuting Pastol (Hontiveros) swak sa 1R
3. Ang Paglingap ng Diyos (Hontiveros)
4. Ang Tanging Alay Ko
5. P of the G 2 if not used as P of the G song
6. Narito Ako (San Andres)
7. Narito Ako, Panginoon (Que)
8. Pagkakaibigan (Cenzon, Abad-Santos) Lenten, but sobrang apt: “At kung siya’y mamunga nang masagana” is swak sa G. "S'ya sa Ama'y nagbigay ng karangalan" is reminiscent of 1R. Best choice.
9. Pagtitipan (Javellana, Hontiveros)

R: Maliban na Mahulog sa Lupa

English Mass:

E: Come with Me into the Fields (Schutte)

P of the G:
1. Christify (Francisco, Reyes)
2. Blessed be God

C:
1. The Seed
2. Say the Word (Torres, Pantig-de Jesus)
3. You are Mine (Haas) Kapag Lent talaga mas appropriate, pero if you prioritize Stanza 4. "I am the Word...embracing all your pain" is so 1R.
Additional C:

4. Seed, Scattered and Sown (Dan Feiten)

Quote:
R: Glory and Praise to our God (Schutte)

I hope you find the above and the attached in order.

Peace!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seed, scattered and sown feiten.jpg (59.6 KB, 35 views)
Human beings, they're quite a paradox. At first glance they're so primitive: genetic impurities, no telepathy, violent, and yet they've created so many beautiful ways to convey their ideas - literature, art, music. [#98 In the Flesh]

I Stand With You
I Saw You Coming In
glorie-ann

hello po...wala pa po ba kayong line up for 16th sunday in ordinary time?
Alexander
Super Moderator

glorie-ann, that part was missed in the order but was later posted by JR here . http://bukaspalad.com/board/showpost...2&postcount=15

Hope this helps
I am not who you think I am because I do not pretend to be somebody.
Do not assume that I know everything because I am a nobody - Alexander
d0d0fer
Bonafide Boardmember

Re: Lineup Every Sunday, Posted 11.06.23 #28
Quote:

SONG LINE UP SUGGESTIONS

July 17, 2011
16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year A)

Liturgical color: Green

Readings:

1R: Wisdom 12:13, 16-19 is about God’s seemingly different (and yet all the same as good) qualities. The Lord of strength shall judge with prudence and govern us with great patience. We humans are still able to do almost anything, good or bad, at the time we want.

RP: 86 Lord, You are good and forgiving.

2R: Jesus Christ, who sees inner secrets, knows the desires of the (Holy) Spirit for He asks the holy ones to do what is pleasing to God.

G: Matthew 13:24-43—the shorter version is up to verse 30 only—is about what the Kingdom of Heaven is like, metaphorized to us in three parables:
a. The Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to wheat growing up with weeds. When harvest time comes, the field owner and his servants shall uproot the weeds and burn them, while the wheat shall be brought to the barn.
b. The Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a tiny mustard seed that grew to be the biggest garden plant.
c. The Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to yeast buried in flour until the dough rises.

Options:

Filipino Mass:

E:
1. Awit ng Pasasalamat (Hontiveros)
2. Buksan ang aming puso (Tinio, Hontiveros)
3. Pag-aalaala (Francisco)

P of the G:
1. Kapuri-puri Ka
2. Isang Pagkain, Isang Katawan, Isang Bayan (San Pedro) “katulad ng mga butil” best choice.
3. Pag-aalay ng Puso (Minsan Lamang)
4. Unang Alay (Magnaye)

C: Dami pwedeng pagpilian:
1. Ama Kong Mahal (Aquino)
2. Hiram sa Diyos
3. Likhain Mong Muli (Alejo, Francisco)
4. Liwanag ng Aming Puso (Tagle, Hontiveros)
5. Liwanagan Mo, Hesus (Aquino)
6. O Diyos, Iniibig Kita (Rodrigo, Hontiveros)
7. Pagkakaibigan (Alcaraz, Francisco) “At kung siya’y mamunga nang masagana, siya sa Ama’y nagbigay ng karangalan”
8. Pagbabalik (Alcaraz, Francisco)
9. Pag-ibig Ko (Cenzon)
10. Pag-ibig Mo, Ama (Macalinao, Hontiveros)
11. Paglingap Mo, Poon (Villaroman)
12. Pintig ng Puso Ko (Tagle, Hontiveros)

R:
1. Tanda ng Kaharian ng Diyos (Morano, Francisco)
2. E1 if not used as Entrance Song
3. Humayo Tayo (Pangilinan, Hontiveros)
4. Magpasalamat Kayo sa Panginoon (Ramirez)
5. Maliban na Mahulog sa Lupa
6. Mapapalad (Ramirez)
7. O Bayan ng Diyos (Aquino)
8. Pananagutan (Hontiveros)

English Mass:

E:
1. All the Ends of the Earth (Dufford) “For the Lord…has come with justice for the world…”
2. Praise the Lord, My Soul (Foley)
3. Save U, O Lord (Dufford) Lenten admittedly, but if you prioritize Stanza 3...

P of the G:
1. Christify (Francisco, Reyes)
2. Blessed be God

C:
1. The Seed
2. How Lovely is Your Dwelling Place (Aquino)
3. I Love the Lord (Aquino)
4. Love is the Answer (Hannisian)
5. One Thing I Ask (Tirol)
6. Love and Truth Will Meet (Francisco, Reyes)
Additional C:

7. Seed, Scattered and Sown (Dan Feiten)

Quote:
R:
1. E1 if not used as Entrance Song
2. E2 if not used as Entrance Song
3. E3 if not used as Entrance Song

I hope you find the above in order.

Peace!
Human beings, they're quite a paradox. At first glance they're so primitive: genetic impurities, no telepathy, violent, and yet they've created so many beautiful ways to convey their ideas - literature, art, music. [#98 In the Flesh]

I Stand With You
I Saw You Coming In
glorie-ann

thank you very much po sa pagpost nung hinahanap ko...
Ms.Jonalyn
Regular

Quote:
No worries; glad to have helped you po.

On July 3, 2011, as the Gospel is about "Come to Me all who are weary," very good choice po yung una nyong link, yung Halina lumapit sa Akin.

When choosing songs, you won't go wrong if you basically take into consideration these factors po. No liturgical song is bawal kung hindi naman siya:

a.

inappropriate to that particular part of the Mass. Thus, example, if the song gathers the people, okay na yon as entrance song. Halina't Lumapit sa Akin is a very good choice for entrance because the words "Lumapit sa Akin" gathers people. Alay by Marcelo is very good for presentation of the gifts/offertory because "Narito, Panginoon aming taglay" implores God to accept the gifts we bring Him.

b.

inappropriate sa liturgical season. Thus, pag-aralan ang lyrics and tempo kung pang-Lent, Easter, o ano ba siya. Behold the wood is not exactly okay when we celebrate Easter.

c.

discourages the participation of the congregation. You can go around this consideration through creative solutions: powerpoint, lyrics sheets or songbooks for the crowd, sing the song maybe around thrice a few minutes before the Mass starts so they'll hear it and somehow be somewhat familiar with the tune, etc.

Nagiging bonus na lang yung other considerations; the considerations above are mandatory (required to be followed). Considerations below, well, you can choose to follow or not, pero sana pag-isipan din nang mabuti.... I strongly recommend considering these too.

a.

swak sa readings. In the 1st Reading, Responsorial Psalm, 2nd Reading kung meron, and especially sa Gospel po, look for words, phrases, clauses, sentences that would be either actually repeated in the lyrics of the song, or at the very least ideas and notions that are somehow brought up or alluded to.

b.

swak sa occasion na sinecelebrate. Example: Purihi't pasalamatan is ideal for Trinity Sunday. Marcelo's Alay is very good sa Solemnity of Corpus Christi because of the lyric line "Ang bunga ng Pag-ibig Mo DUGO AT KATAWAN." Sanlibong buhay is swak sa Feast of Saint Lorenzo Ruiz. Pari Magpakailanman para sa August 4.

Why are these two additional considerations important? Because all other things being equal, the message is more memorable if it is more often repeated. If on June 26, 2011, your entrance song, offertory song, communion song and recessional song each and all have some notion that is related to the Body of Christ, then people who go home afterwards are more aware that on that occasion, they had observed Corpus Christi... more aware than others who sticked only to what is required. It's good to do a little more than the minimum. By doing so you're sort of an asset ni Kristo at ng Kanyang simbahan.

kudos, Ms. Jonalyn, am glad you're getting the hang of it; your task is ganda princess points yan kay JC.

Happy song line-upping, everyone especially kila smooth and msselda! (If there were such a word as song line-upping...)

I also encourage everyone to try studying these procedures, para lahat tayo marunong on how to go about this quite well. I finally did this, dquiambao hehehe. Kala ko hindi ko maoorganize ang thoughts ko about this.

PS Nyikes, ang aking tinype ay dapat sa ibang thread, yung paano ba pipiliin ang mga aawitin sa Banal na Misa... palipat na lang if ever. thanks
maraming salamat po sa info...big help po talaga kayo sa amin..
Reply « Previous Thread - Choirs and the Church - Next Thread »
(3/12):  1  2  3  4  5   Last »