SONG LINE UP SUGGESTIONS
June 5, 2011
Liturgical color: White
Sa maraming bansa, Holy Day of Obligation ito. (Not in Phils though.) This is generally celebrated 40 days after Easter Sunday. Dahel pumapatak ang Easter Sunday sa araw ng Linggo (What?!?@#$%), necessarily papatak ang Ascension sa araw ng Huwebes. However, AFAIK, in Canada and the Pinas, this feast is transferred to the following Sunday. In Nigeria, the precept of attending Mass on this day is transferred to the following or preceding Sunday. In Scotland, this feast, when it falls on a Saturday, no obligation to attend Mass is attached for that year in that nation.
1R: Luke, the acknowledged author of Acts, in 1:1-11 writes to Theophilus about Jesus’ ascension. Ipila ko na lang yung mga consequential lines:
1. Jesus showed to the apostles that He is alive.
2. He was with them for 40 days after His Resurrection.
3. Jesus instructed them not to leave Jerusalem but wait for the Father’s promise. “You will be baptized with the Holy Spirit within a few days.”
4. It is not for us to know the time and the steps that the Father has fixed b His own authority.
5. You will be my witnesses... even to the ends of the earth.
6. The Ascension narrative.
RP: 47 God mounts His throne to shouts of joy: a blare of trumpets for the Lord.
2R: Eph 1:17-23
1. May you know how great is the glory that God sets apart for His saints.
2. God the Father revealed His almighty power in Christ. He had Him sit at His right hand in heaven. God put all things under the feet of Christ, and set Him above all things as head of the Church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
G: Matthew 28:16-20.
1. Jesus told the Eleven to go up a mountain in Galilee.
2. Jesus said, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples from nations. Baptize them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to fulfil all that I have commanded you. I am with you always until the end of this world.”
If you serve in a 6 AM, 12 NN or 6 PM mass when there would be Angelus/Regina Coeli before or after the Mass, try to work out an arrangement with the commentators and/or lectors and the choirs: Will the Regina Coeli be said or sung? If it will be sung, then sing for
English: Hangad’s Queen of Heaven, Rejoice
Filipino: Reyna ng Langit: BP in Tinapay ng Buhay Album.
1. Magsiawit sa Panginoon (Isidro & Que)
2. Isang Pananampalataya (Santos & Hontiveros)
3. Bayan, Magsiawit Na (Aquino) Stanza 3 ang priority. “Pananatili N’yang tunay”
4. Bayan, Umawit (Borres, Baltazar & Francisco) Stanza 2 ang priority.
5. Purihin ang Panginoon (Isidro & Ramirez) “trompeta”
Of course mayroon ng Papuri and Aleluya.
Aleluya: Mabuhay ang Poon (Hontiveros)
P of the G:
1. Narito Ako (San Andres)
2. Narito Ako, Panginoon (Que)
3. Unang Alay (Magnaye)
1. Sa Krus Mo at Pagkabuhay (Francisco)
2. Si Kristo ay namatay
3. Si Kristo’y namatay (Hontiveros)
Amen: Dakilang Amen (Francisco)
C: Dami options:
1. Pag-ibig Mo, Ama (Macalinao & Hontiveros)
2. Pagsibol (Aquino)
3. Papuri (Arboleda, Salazar &Agatep)
4. Tubig ng Buhay (Valdellon)
5. Kaibigan “’Di ka nag-iisa, kasama mo ako”
6. Kaibigan, kapanalig (Ofrasio & Hontiveros)
7. Huwag kang Mangamba (Pagsanghan & Francisco)
8. H’wag Mangamba (Francisco)
9. Pagkakaibigan (Cenzon & Abad-Santos)
10. Patnubay (Cuyugkeng, Caguio, Sta Maria & La Vina)
11. Panginoon ng Pag-ibig at Pag-asa
1. Humayo’t Ihayag (Francisco, Catalan & Go)
2. E2 if not used as entrance song
3. Ito ang bagong araw (Isidro & Ramirez)
4. E1 if not used as entrance song
5. O Bayan ng Diyos (Aquino)
6. E3 if not used as entrance song
7. Humayo Tayo (Pangilinan & Hontiveros)
8. Sino’ng makapaghihiwalay (Anunciata)
9. E5 if not used as entrance song
1. Let Heaven Rejoice (Dufford) Prioritize stanza 3, but change “will come” to “has come.” Stanza 4 is also recommended after Stanza 3, if the priest has yet to reach his place.
2. Water of Life (Haas)
3. Throughout all Time. Iterno natin sa I will Sing sa recessional.
4. Sing a new song (Schutte). Don’t forget to replace “Yahweh’s people” to “O God’s people.”
5. Sing to the Mountains (Dufford)
6. Play before the Lord (Dufford) Stanza 2 ang priority.
7. Lover of us all (Schutte)
8. Oratorio: Christ on the Mount of Olives; Halleuljah. (Beethoven) It goes, "Halleuljah (3x) unto God's almighty son! Praise the Lord in holy songs of joy!" But don't forget to ask permission first from PP, or as the case may also be, Music Ministry.
Mayroong Glory to God at Alleluia by now.
Alleluia: Celtic. (O’Carroll & Walker) Trope 2 ang priority.
P of the G:
1. Dwelling Place (Foley)
2. How shall I sing to God (Haas)
3. One Bread, One Body (Foley)
4. Prayer for Generosity (Arboleda) “That I do Your most holy will”
5. Any version of Take and Receive "Do what Thou wilt command and I obey"
Acclamation: Christ has died, alleluia! (Wise)
Amen: Doxology (Dufford)
Lamb of God/Agnus Dei: Lamb of God litany (Schutte) Refrain, then Stanza 4, then Refrain. Stanza 4 goes, “Praise to You, Risen Christ, clothe us in Your saving light.”
1. As Water to the thirsty (Haas)
2. Far Greater Love (Go & Francisco)
3. Here in this Place (Haas)
4. I am the Bread of Life (Toolan)
5. Here I am Lord (Schutte)
6. We Remember (Haugen). Please make sure first you don't use this song in the acclamation.
1. All my days (Schutte & Murray)
2. I will sing forever (Francisco)
3. In my heart (Francisco)
4. E1 if not used as entrance song
5. Life forever more (Ellerton & Francisco)
I know; June is traditionally the month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. But hold your horses on such songs as Mahal na Puso, No Mas Amor, and Your Heart Today. Curiously, for this year, the Feast of the Sacred Heart, which is celebrated on the Friday after Corpus Christi, falls in July and not in June.